Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2013, 16:22   #1621
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Sky seem to be not interested in doing an agreement with BT Sports. They seem to have no interest in getting a good deal for their customers.
Sky see BT as more of a threat than VM for their sports rights.
Why would they 'help the competition' by giving them 75 million a year? It may please their punters but they've seen off Setanta and ESPN, they're probably hoping to do the same with BT.

I doubt sky had any intention of attempting a wholesale deal with BT.

Just edited to add, if there was talk between them i'd imagine the wholesale of sky sports channels to BT was a 'must have'.
Selling BT Sports wholesale to VM will certainly help their court case against sky refusing to let BT carry SS 3 and 4
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2013, 16:29   #1622
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well funny you should mention that, as sky contacted me this week, and as long term customer wanted to make sure I was getting all I could.

After 5 mins on the phone with them I had my Broadband free for a year (i'm already a subscriber) and they're sending me out a new 2TB HD box, my exsting HD box will replace my standard Sky+ box I have on multi-room.

I also have movies free, and £10 of my overall bill until the end of the year.

So no, I'm not frustrated.
Got a result there bud,a friend have mine had a similar deal last week.just think companies are trying to tie customers into new contracts but we are all seeing bette deals out of it

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Both sky and bt don't see vm as a threat liberty global have stressed that they not interested in being channel owners they purely want to supply,both sky and bt see vm as a alternative way of broadcasting the products without costs but as a addition income
Old 16-08-2013, 16:34   #1623
anap
Inactive

Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
anap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Got a result there bud,a friend have mine had a similar deal last week.just think companies are trying to tie customers into new contracts but we are all seeing bette deals out of it
I'm getting VIP with an extra box for £106.49 (including line rental). I'm currently on XL TV, Phone and Broadband (60) with Sky S & M, TiVo (500GB), V+ & V boxes for £100.15. So for £6.34 more I'll get XXL Broadband (120), Sky S & M in HD and Talk Unlimited Extra. They'll swap the Superhub for Superhub2 and the 500GB Tivo for 1TB.
Old 16-08-2013, 16:46   #1624
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Virgin are advertising VIP with 50 HD channels already.

If they're already advertising 50, there must be something else launching immanently. I wonder what it could be
Old 16-08-2013, 16:49   #1625
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Just edited to add, if there was talk between them i'd imagine the wholesale of sky sports channels to BT was a 'must have'.
Selling BT Sports wholesale to VM will certainly help their court case against sky refusing to let BT carry SS 3 and 4
That's not their case, BT haven't said anything about wanting SS 3&4, BT just want SS1&2 on their YouView box!

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
If they're already advertising 50, there must be something else launching immanently. I wonder what it could be
There is already 50...
Old 16-08-2013, 16:51   #1626
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
That's not their case, BT haven't said anything about wanting SS 3&4, BT just want SS1&2 on their YouView box!

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

There is already 50...
Ignore my last post, I've been catching up since last night
Old 16-08-2013, 17:02   #1627
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

[QUOTE=ocav;35611152]That's not their case, BT haven't said anything about wanting SS 3&4, BT just want SS1&2 on their YouView box![COLOR="Silver"]

I bet they'd want it, unfortunately the original ruling by Ofcom only covered SS3 and 4. BT released their price for them and a few weeks later sky put the price up and BT had to sell it at a loss or immediately put their prices up.

BT have just kicked sky in the face.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:12   #1628
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Just carried out a survey for Virginmedia through a company GFK Research. In it they ask you to select preferences on possible enhancments to Virginmedia offerings. Three were of interest.

1. They mention at the start a possible price increase of between £3 to £6

2. One of the selections mentions "now that Netflix is available on Tivo".

3. Another mentions "Unlimited downloads at no extra cost"

Make of those what you will!
Pay TV is fast becoming overpriced with constant increases.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:15   #1629
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

US gets all 380 games, they paid £250m (NBC)

That would be good
Old 16-08-2013, 17:19   #1630
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Just carried out a survey for Virginmedia through a company GFK Research. In it they ask you to select preferences on possible enhancments to Virginmedia offerings. Three were of interest.

1. They mention at the start a possible price increase of between £3 to £6

2. One of the selections mentions "now that Netflix is available on Tivo".

3. Another mentions "Unlimited downloads at no extra cost"

Make of those what you will!
Unlimited downloads? Downloads of what?
Old 16-08-2013, 17:20   #1631
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Unlimited downloads? Downloads of what?
"unlimited"...you can download "unlimited".
Old 16-08-2013, 17:22   #1632
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

If Netflix is made available for lets say for £3 to £4 a month then l will certainly be interested.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:26   #1633
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
Ignore my last post, I've been catching up since last night
If it reassures you..I have ignored. And don't worry, it was easy to do
Old 16-08-2013, 17:33   #1634
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Pay TV is fast becoming overpriced with constant increases.
I could not agree more. Most of these price rises are being driven by the rediculious prices Sky and BT have paid for the EPL.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:40   #1635
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I could not agree more. Most of these price rises are being driven by the rediculious prices Sky and BT have paid for the EPL.
And these prices for the EPL are only going to rise exponentially in the future.