Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2009, 17:49   #1591
JHM
Inactive

Services: VM VIP 100 package V+ PVR TiVo PVR 3View PVR
JHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet View Post
Well my eurosport 1 and 2 are back on nothing about the PGA tour on the EPG as per DS forum
I think that the EPG has failed to keep up with the new situation. The Eurosport web site is listing PGA golf at 20.00 this evening and then through to Sat and Sun on Eurosport 2 - channel 525.

--John
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2009, 16:52   #1592
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Ah thanks JHM checked again today but still nothing on the EPG will have to go out and have a game tonight instead if I can get an evening pass from Mrs B
Old 29-06-2009, 09:25   #1593
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

PictureBox Movies-on-Demand service to launch on Virgin Media.

"From July, the PictureBox service will be available to Virgin Media’s 3.6 million TV subscribers for £5 per month and provide a broad selection of recent and library feature films. Subscribers will be able to view films whenever they like from a selection of 28 films at any given time, with seven new titles being added to the line-up each Friday. Most of the PictureBox films will be available in HD and many will not yet have been seen on free-to-air television in the UK."

http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...793&highlight=
Old 29-06-2009, 10:15   #1594
one2escape
Inactive

one2escape is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post

"From July, the PictureBox service will be available to Virgin Media’s 3.6 million TV subscribers for £5 per month and provide a broad selection of recent and library feature films. Subscribers will be able to view films whenever they like from a selection of 28 films at any given time, with seven new titles being added to the line-up each Friday. Most of the PictureBox films will be available in HD and many will not yet have been seen on free-to-air television in the UK."

I like this. This is the sort of thing Virgin should be pushing! On demand movies for a set monthly fee. Will be signing up for this. I just hope they expand the number of movies.
Old 29-06-2009, 10:55   #1595
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Actually that's a pretty decent idea for once, well done Virgin.

I wish you could pick and choose the on demand stuff you get. if I had my way i'd remove all the on demand stuff we get in our house to save a few quid.
Old 29-06-2009, 11:03   #1596
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I do not know if i have got the wrong idea here but the amount of deals that vm are doing with universal at the moment ( unlimited music and also now picturebox ) . Could they possibly be hoping to get the hd channels that universal own as vm said that the hd channels that they could be getting would be from an outside source ?
Old 29-06-2009, 12:42   #1597
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

This weeks update now online - see post one
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 29-06-2009, 14:19   #1598
roger_chef
Inactive

roger_chef is on a distinguished roadroger_chef is on a distinguished road

HD Channels on Virgin TV ===
Channel 4 HD - Deal been signed by Virgin.
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: A&E has told me that they are in talks with Virgin Media with the view of carrying their History HD Channel.

sooo big bro hd and history hd?
Ill be looking forward to the history hd
Old 29-06-2009, 18:44   #1599
Fred Fish
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP
Fred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really nice

Quote:

I think this is a great advance and I am really pleased that VM are making these sort of deals. However considering that most of the time when I try to view on demand stuff I get a so much picture break up as to make it unwatchable I am not sure that I want to pay extra just not to be able to view some films. I am assuming that linear channels wouldnt have that issue - I certainly dont get that problem with existing channels.

As an aside I recently signed up for Sky sports (I had held back as I am not a sports fanatic - I like the occasional thing, but with the demise of setanta I thought I would give it a try). I watched the British and Irish lions rugby at the weekend and to be honest I was blown away (alright perhaps a bit over the top) by the quality of the Sky Sports SD broadcast. Made me think that perhaps I am not soooo bothered about HD feed after all.....
Old 29-06-2009, 20:41   #1600
LiamTG
cf.addict

Services: TV XL Sky Movies Internet XL Unlimited telephone
LiamTG is infamous around these partsLiamTG is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Blimey £5pcm for unlimited movies - a lot of which are in HD!

Brilliant move if you ask me!! They need to batter adevrtising space with this!
Old 29-06-2009, 21:12   #1601
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamTG View Post
Blimey £5pcm for unlimited movies - a lot of which are in HD!

Brilliant move if you ask me!! They need to batter adevrtising space with this!
Sadly the choice of movies on picturebox isn't brilliant.

It's a great step, but, it's not anywhere near as good as it could be. If only sky didn't have the svod rights to the latest releases tied up.
Old 29-06-2009, 23:27   #1602
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
=== October ===
Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Channel +1 will be rebranded as Universal Channel and Universal Channel +1 Virgin Channels 162 and 163.
How does that fit in with this from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallmark_Channel_(UK)?

2010 rebrand

In June 2009, a memorandum leaked to the television trade newspaper Broadcast stated that NBC Universal plans to rebrand the Hallmark Channel as a Universal Channel in 2010. The "Hallmark Channel" brand is licensed to NBC Universal from Crown Media and is due to expire. An NBC Universal denied such a rebrand would happen, though an official announcement could potentially be made in July or August 2009.[3]

I read it on Wikipedia, so it must be true! ;-)
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 30-06-2009, 16:21   #1603
chass
Inactive

Services: v+ vip pack vbox toshiba rd-vx48dt
chass is an unknown quantity at this point

well its Q3 tomorrow anyone know whats COMMING SOON
Old 30-06-2009, 17:14   #1604
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chass View Post
well its Q3 tomorrow anyone know whats COMMING SOON
Well I imagine the PictureBox service was the surprise they announced, so they've delivered there. Now it's just a case of when these HD channels materialise.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37   #1605
Sonna
Inactive

Services: 100mb Virgin BB. 2x BT ADSL BT TV
Sonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news on Football Conference TV deal?
Closed Thread