Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Old 15-03-2012, 19:45   #136
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

v+ hd xl tv + 3 hd multiroom boxes, 30 meg bb, phone

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

xl tv, 3 multiroom boxes, 30 meg bb, phone,
new package will be tivo, v+ moved upstairs, 2 vhd boxes, 30 meg bb ( soon 60) phone
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2012, 23:03   #137
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Seems not bad then, is that still with Mobile too though?

I've a similar package but comes in a bit cheaper with discounts with 2 x TiVo and 1 x V+ HD
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 20:50   #138
thunderlips
Inactive

thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

no mobile.
Old 17-03-2012, 18:57   #139
thunderlips
Inactive

tivo installed today !!
Old 17-03-2012, 19:11   #140
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
tivo installed today !!
what u think of it?
its useless.. mine broke down.. nothing for 2 dys now.. i rang up virgin media,theres nothing they can do,i have had 3 tivo boxes-useless.
i had v+hd box,that worked 90percent of the time..
i wish i never changed it..
Old 17-03-2012, 19:18   #141
thunderlips
Inactive

its early days yet mate ! its very good tho ! trolling my way through it, i got a samsung tivo, dont think its got program reminders on it yet tho but iam sure its going to get even better !
Old 17-03-2012, 20:53   #142
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
what u think of it?
its useless.. mine broke down.. nothing for 2 dys now.. i rang up virgin media,theres nothing they can do,i have had 3 tivo boxes-useless.
i had v+hd box,that worked 90percent of the time..
i wish i never changed it..
I'm very sorry to hear of your problems but, whilst not unique, your experience is definitely in the minority.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 08:49   #143
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I'm very sorry to hear of your problems but, whilst not unique, your experience is definitely in the minority.
Yes I would say that it is a minority . & I am part of it . Guess what it was Sunday & yet again my Tivo went down. only an hour or so. Are Virgin "working " on BB on a Sunday night as a matter of cause? It seems to be that Sunday evening= no on demand ,message go to web site etc for details- hi ,ho. no internet !
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 10:45   #144
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Yes I would say that it is a minority . & I am part of it . Guess what it was Sunday & yet again my Tivo went down. only an hour or so. Are Virgin "working " on BB on a Sunday night as a matter of cause? It seems to be that Sunday evening= no on demand ,message go to web site etc for details- hi ,ho. no internet !
I personally have no idea what work VM are doing on the network in your area. However as they are doing a lot of work on upgrading the network at the moment, it would make sense that they carry most of this work out during low activity periods (like Sunday nights).

Have you called them to ask?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 11:22   #145
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I personally have no idea what work VM are doing on the network in your area. However as they are doing a lot of work on upgrading the network at the moment, it would make sense that they carry most of this work out during low activity periods (like Sunday nights).

Have you called them to ask?

Yes, getting so many credits they will owe me money at this rate.

With out trying to be rude to the support. Always the same sort of reply.

Along the lines ( this is BB by the way as that is more of a problem)

No fault in your area - followed by looking at my modem - yes I can see you have a fault - first to report it - seems to be a " local problem " will report it - have a credit. in 2 to 8 hours all is fine again. Have given up even calling it in . Now wait and see
Old 19-03-2012, 11:26   #146
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes, getting so many credits they will owe me money at this rate.

With out trying to be rude to the support. Always the same sort of reply.

Along the lines ( this is BB by the way as that is more of a problem)

No fault in your area - followed by looking at my modem - yes I can see you have a fault - first to report it - seems to be a " local problem " will report it - have a credit. in 2 to 8 hours all is fine again. Have given up even calling it in . Now wait and see
And I suppose by calling on a Sunday night, you get anh overseas call centre?
Old 19-03-2012, 11:30   #147
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
And I suppose by calling on a Sunday night, you get anh overseas call centre?
To be honest do not think so. Unless they have been taught to speak with a Scottish accent. However try to call on Monday morning if the problem remains. Have called so many times in the last few months I have lost track

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "
Old 19-03-2012, 11:33   #148
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
To be honest do not think so. Unless they have been taught to speak with a Scottish accent. However try to call on Monday morning if the problem remains. Have called so many times in the last few months I have lost track
There was a fault a while ago on my local network. None of the call centres knew anything about it, but the engineer who visited did know about it. So try and get an engineers visit.
Old 19-03-2012, 11:53   #149
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
There was a fault a while ago on my local network. None of the call centres knew anything about it, but the engineer who visited did know about it. So try and get an engineers visit.
Have. But the one thing they all say having "looked" at my modem is that its an area fault not a local one.
Today I was told that there is " a smashed up box " on the main road ( about half a mile from my house) Have seen it and yes it has a Virgin notice on it & its a mess- almost looks as if its wrapped in cling film! with barriers around it. Will now go that way just to see how long before its repaired. Was told it was hit by a car. About eight weeks ago that also took out the bus shelter. Which is repaired I wonder
Old 20-03-2012, 21:19   #150
thunderlips
Inactive

I have tivo since saturday and very impressed, look forward to reminders on there soon ! other than that very happy, dont get to use much as iam always at work to pay for it ! lol