Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 10-11-2007, 23:21   #136
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: iPhone UK Release info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help!!! View Post
Whats the texting like on this phone, heard nothing good about it.
It's good apparently, but you knew that didn't you?
Old 10-11-2007, 23:28   #137
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It can't do MMS though which is a bit behind the times.
Old 10-11-2007, 23:32   #138
Help!!!
Inactive

Help!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
It's good apparently, but you knew that didn't you?
Sorry worded it wrong, I heard the texting was ****, but apparently its good, Ill have to go to the apple store to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
It can't do MMS though which is a bit behind the times.
ur joking me, how all my ladies meant to send me nudes
Help!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 00:23   #139
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Texting is great and it shows texts in conversation style so you can keep track. I find it as easy as the keyboard on my xda mini.

As for picture messages, just get them to send them to email, or perhaps o2 will send you a text containing a web link to go view the pic.

At the end of my first day with it I'm finding it a superb piece of kit, its a joy to use just about every feature on it. I think I could rotate the phone and watch it rotate the pictures for hours. I don't think the sign up did a credit check but then I was an existing o2 customer.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 00:27   #140
Help!!!
Inactive

Help!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of light

OK cool, does it have GPS?
Old 11-11-2007, 00:54   #141
handyman
Permanently Banned

handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star

Nope but it has a turn by turn fake gps done through google maps.

Not that I'd use it, I prefer my tom tom on the xda mini. I'm going to look to see if it is better to keep the xda for sat nav or sell it and get a dedicated tom tom unit.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:13   #142
Help!!!
Inactive

ok thanks, no doubt it will be hacked to use it one day.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:20   #143
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Unlock your iPhone

http://www.iphoneunlocked.eu/

http://www.iphonesimfree.com/iphones...eetutorial.pdf
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:59   #144
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Please bear in mind unlocking your iPhone will result in voiding your warranty, problems upgrading to newer software updates (it will disable the hack and you would need to wait until it's hacked again!), and possibly bricking your iPhone
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 17:00   #145
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Seems the iPhone launch event wasn't quite as busy as expected.. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/11/iphone_uk_flop/
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 18:45   #146
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think it sold quite well, its just it was not going to sell out so no sense queuing
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 19:00   #147
handyman
Permanently Banned

FYI, If you recieve a mms you get a link to the o2 website to view it on. simply enter your phone number and a 4 digit pin to view it. Fairly simple especially on the iphone to view the web page.

Going to work out a way of sending them , quite suprised there is not the option on the o2 iphone web home page to do this with a pin. I'm guessing it should be able to access the pix on the phone and simply charge the regular amount for sending them.
Old 11-11-2007, 19:18   #148
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

*waits for thread on the second generation iphone next year
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 19:21   #149
Help!!!
Inactive

I want one but not prepared to go on a contract for one, import from France I think It will have to be
Old 11-11-2007, 19:23   #150
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas View Post
*waits for thread on the second generation iphone next year
You'll have to keep your eye on monysaving expert - I'm sure there will be some offers on there eventually

I've certainly found it a very interesting read.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote