Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 17:09   #961
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

It will happen as soon as the leader is chosen within the first few weeks at any rate .There is a democratic mandate in place and Europe simply won't allow us to keep stalling

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If the referendum were held today, the result would be different. The lies about immigration and the NHS have been exposed, and the governing party is scrapping with itself over who grasps this opportunity for power. The few Brexiters I know seem to be cracking themselves over what exactly they've done. Although no one will admit it now, another vote down the line is more than likely. Even if we don't end up leaving, this will have caused the country permanent damage.
All the Brexiters i know are still happy with the decision they made ,as am I.There will be no further vote and we will be leaving the EU ,that is certain .

Advertisement
Old 03-07-2016, 17:26   #962
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
All the Brexiters i know are still happy with the decision they made ,as am I.There will be no further vote and we will be leaving the EU ,that is certain .
All the ones I know are also quite happy with their vote, and would vote no again.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 03-07-2016, 17:29   #963
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
If the referendum were held today, the result would be different. The lies about immigration and the NHS have been exposed, and the governing party is scrapping with itself over who grasps this opportunity for power. The few Brexiters I know seem to be cracking themselves over what exactly they've done. Although no one will admit it now, another vote down the line is more than likely. Even if we don't end up leaving, this will have caused the country permanent damage.
The many brexiteers that I know are sanguine about what's going on. We knew that there would be a period of uncertainty......and we are in that period.
Old 03-07-2016, 17:39   #964
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
The later its left, the more likely it won't happen.
True. As the impact of the decision unfolds it becomes less likely the leadership will be prepared to jump.

However it'd be political suicide not to push the button, and there's no way our political class have the courage to assert parliamentary sovereignty. I've put some cash on last 3 months of this year at 7/2 with a lower stake but enough to recoup the first one on first 3 months of next year.
Old 03-07-2016, 18:13   #965
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Some leavers are being made to feel guilty by the remainers.
they think someone if not themselves is going to die because they voted leave.

I tell them that nobody is going to die. and that they're going to move all the immigrants to live amongst the remainers to make them and the remainers feel better. and that the rich will carry on getting richer.
Old 03-07-2016, 18:39   #966
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
True. As the impact of the decision unfolds it becomes less likely the leadership will be prepared to jump.

However it'd be political suicide not to push the button, and there's no way our political class have the courage to assert parliamentary sovereignty. I've put some cash on last 3 months of this year at 7/2 with a lower stake but enough to recoup the first one on first 3 months of next year.
If they do back out it would be via some massive dodge rather than simply not passing it. They'll string out the deal, then say the deal isn't what we hoped or something and throw it to an election or something.

Not that I don't think it will happen.
Old 03-07-2016, 18:55   #967
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If they do back out it would be via some massive dodge rather than simply not passing it. They'll string out the deal, then say the deal isn't what we hoped or something and throw it to an election or something.

Not that I don't think it will happen.
I think the danger with that is that given that the Conservatives cannot be relied upon, Labour are unelectable and the other parties are in favour of remaining, the only choice for Brexiteers is to vote for UKIP the only party in favour of actually carrying it out.

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
Old 03-07-2016, 18:55   #968
RBMark

Tony Blair voted to Remain, Anjem Choudary voted Remain, that's all I need to know!

Old 03-07-2016, 19:16   #969
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
I think the danger with that is that given that the Conservatives cannot be relied upon, Labour are unelectable and the other parties are in favour of remaining, the only choice for Brexiteers is to vote for UKIP the only party in favour of actually carrying it out.

Sadly it does not matter which party it is as none of them can be trusted ntl.
Old 03-07-2016, 19:19   #970
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post

UKIP couldn't form a government ,in reality their only purpose was to get the UK out of Europe that has been achieved ,nothing left for UKIP

Old 03-07-2016, 19:31   #971
RizzyKing

It's the latest thing "those who voted leave are now regretting it" and like all the other bilge it's a load of rubbish not a single person I knew who voted leave has any regrets and would do the same again if needed. Immigration and money to the NHS were not the two biggest factors for most it was sovereignty and independence of the UK and our ability in the future to determine our own path not have it decided for us and then get informed about it.

Being honest though it was Mr K that said it and you have to take that with a largish handful of salt as he was the only person in the UK who claimed fuel stockpiling was occuring in his neck of the woods. But that's been the tale since the vote a pretty constant barrage of insults, lies and insinuations and I had hoped we'd be past it by now clearly some cannot still accept the vote.

Old 03-07-2016, 19:49   #972
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

To be honest with you all. I have heard David Lammy MP several times on TV, stating why be believes that will should remain.

I heard this evening on London News, David again expressing why we should remain. And that he wants Parliament to veto the vote.

And what he said tonight, sent shivers down my Spine. He has stated that money from the EU, goes to poor towns of the UK, and helps in these area's.

Yes, l am a Labour Voter, but if l had known that. I may have said REMAIN.

As to me we should be doing all we can to help the poor.

We DID NOT HEAR about this in the discussions, I didn't hear this from my MP. So really, I blame Labour MPs, for not passing this info onto the Voter.

Yes, we pay a lot of money into the EU. But if the EU help out the poor in this country. Especially, David Lammy, said that the EU helps out the North of England. And poor area's of Wales. Then my vote would change.

I don't think we, the voter, was given the full facts in this vote
Old 03-07-2016, 19:54   #973
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
To be honest with you all. I have heard David Lammy MP several times on TV, stating why be believes that will should remain.

I heard this evening on London News, David again expressing why we should remain. And that he wants Parliament to veto the vote.

And what he said tonight, sent shivers down my Spine. He has stated that money from the EU, goes to poor towns of the UK, and helps in these area's.

Yes, l am a Labour Voter, but if l had known that. I may have said REMAIN.

As to me we should be doing all we can to help the poor.

We DID NOT HEAR about this in the discussions, I didn't hear this from my MP. So really, I blame Labour MPs, for not passing this info onto the Voter.

Yes, we pay a lot of money into the EU. But if the EU help out the poor in this country. Especially, David Lammy, said that the EU helps out the North of England. And poor area's of Wales. Then my vote would change.

I don't think we, the voter, was given the full facts in this vote
FFS Arthur where have you been the last 30yrs ,it's common knowledge that EU money has helped regenerate the old docklands and steel mills .The NE of England is awash with EU money as is Cornwall, Wales and Scotland ,If this is news to you then i suggest you have your vote taken off you because you just aint responsible enough to use it

and by the way it was widely advertised by the remain campaign ,just in case people like you missed it over the last 30yrs

Last edited by martyh; 03-07-2016 at 20:01.

Old 03-07-2016, 20:10   #974
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
If the referendum were held today, the result would be different. The lies about immigration and the NHS have been exposed, and the governing party is scrapping with itself over who grasps this opportunity for power. The few Brexiters I know seem to be cacking themselves over what exactly they've done. Although no one will admit it now, another vote down the line is more than likely. Even if we don't end up leaving, this will have caused the country permanent damage.

I'm happy with my voting out as well I would still vote out given a 2/3/4 chance. problem with some people they don't open their eyes or ears.

The Leave side never said the 350m would be spent on the NHS they said it could be and this has been repeated so many times it is actually getting boring listening too it and reading it. The media is just looking to stir the pot as much as they can as they don't care IN or OUT they'll mix it just to get a story going.

Story - ££ for them

Look at the crap that came out of the remain side, Racist Brexiters, WW3, no trade with America, house prices lose 20% hundreds of thousands of job losses. companies shutting shop and moving to the EU.

That is before we even start with Cameron. you know the prime minister the guy that was securing our place in the EU and getting reform. The same guy that came back with nothing and said if he didn't get what he wanted he would leave the OUT campaign himself.

It was ok him saying he was happy with what he came back with it was not the pledge he said he was going for which was now where near and it wasn't even legally binding just word of mouth.

So when we talk about lies maybe we should start with all this.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
FFS Arthur where have you been the last 30yrs ,it's common knowledge that EU money has helped regenerate the old docklands and steel mills .The NE of England is awash with EU money as is Cornwall, Wales and Scotland ,If this is news to you then i suggest you have your vote taken off you because you just aint responsible enough to use it

and by the way it was widely advertised by the remain campaign ,just in case people like you missed it over the last 30yrs

That is the problem though isn't it the EU takes our money and spends it where they like what they think it should be spent on. if people can't see what is happening then I'm glad I voted out
Old 03-07-2016, 20:19   #975
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post

That is the problem though isn't it the EU takes our money and spends it where they like what they think it should be spent on. if people can't see what is happening then I'm glad I voted out
I posted a while back that although we do get money off the EU a lot of it isn't used where it's needed the most ,it's ok having millions for regeneration as long as average joe can afford the flats built on the docks where he used to work

Closed Thread