Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2013, 17:18   #3196
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

About time! I hope that the Lovefilm app contains all available content (and not end up like the version on the Sammy TV which didn't have all content available to stream).

The TiVo search feature will become a lot more useful now, especially if the entire Netflix/Lovefiilm libraries are included in the search.

I don't think VM should be too worried about people dumping XL for Lovefilm/Netflix - I use both streaming services and I see them as additional content rather then full replacements for XL. I mean, the new series of Haven starts next week on Syfy - that won't be on Lovefilm/Netfilx any time soon. Then again, the likes of 24 are on Netflix - every single episode in HD and 5.1 surround sound! VM's VOD library simply can't compete.

Add in the extensive movie selection and streaming exclusives to both services (House of Cards on Netflix; Vikings on Lovefilm) and its a win win.

Now......where's that TVAW Android app? And come to think of it, Universal HD? C'mon VM, I want my Rookie Blue and Motive in HD.
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2013, 20:06   #3197
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
About time! I hope that the Lovefilm app contains all available content (and not end up like the version on the Sammy TV which didn't have all content available to stream).

The TiVo search feature will become a lot more useful now, especially if the entire Netflix/Lovefiilm libraries are included in the search.

I don't think VM should be too worried about people dumping XL for Lovefilm/Netflix - I use both streaming services and I see them as additional content rather then full replacements for XL. I mean, the new series of Haven starts next week on Syfy - that won't be on Lovefilm/Netfilx any time soon. Then again, the likes of 24 are on Netflix - every single episode in HD and 5.1 surround sound! VM's VOD library simply can't compete.

Add in the extensive movie selection and streaming exclusives to both services (House of Cards on Netflix; Vikings on Lovefilm) and its a win win.

Now......where's that TVAW Android app? And come to think of it, Universal HD? C'mon VM, I want my Rookie Blue and Motive in HD.
Email vm and tell them I did and got a call back,not enough interest in the channel apparently and so not considered a prioty I was told.thank god for sky !!!!
Old 20-09-2013, 20:20   #3198
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
not enough interest in the channel apparently
I find that a bit surprising, though up to now, I probably only use it for the latest series of Law and Order SVU. However, according to an article on TVWise, they are changing their focus and looking at a new type of acquisitions. Bates Motel and Sleepy Hollow being examples. I saw the pilot of Sleepy Hollow on Hulu and it really does deserve an HD picture and 5.1 soundtrack to do it justice.

Hopefully these new type of shows will bring in a bigger audience and make HD viable for VM management.
Old 20-09-2013, 20:43   #3199
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I find that a bit surprising, though up to now, I probably only use it for the latest series of Law and Order SVU. However, according to an article on TVWise, they are changing their focus and looking at a new type of acquisitions. Bates Motel and Sleepy Hollow being examples. I saw the pilot of Sleepy Hollow on Hulu and it really does deserve an HD picture and 5.1 soundtrack to do it justice.

Hopefully these new type of shows will bring in a bigger audience and make HD viable for VM management.
I'm hoping that aswell bud this was back in July when I contacted them,I also contacted universal hd owners and it was very clear from there response they want it on vm network
Old 20-09-2013, 21:29   #3200
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm hoping that aswell bud this was back in July when I contacted them,I also contacted universal hd owners and it was very clear from there response they want it on vm network
Got the same response from them just the other day;
Quote:
Many thanks for your email.

We do not have any current confirmed plans to launch Universal Channel HD on Virgin Media. We are always looking to improve our services to our viewers across all platforms, Virgin Media included, and are in on-going conversations with them.

Like all businesses, however, these decisions and discussions are based on commercial factors and currently we have not configured a deal with Virgin for an HD version of Universal Channel. It's great to know you would like to see an HD version of the channel on Virgin.

Please do write to them also and let them know.

Best wishes

Universal Channel Viewer Enquiries

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

INFO FROM DS FORUMS

Apparently More4 HD is in testing.

Quote:
The ONLY channels testing on Virgin Media network at the moment are

Fox+
More4 HD.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=646
Old 20-09-2013, 22:03   #3201
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

Agree with this i just watched Sleepy Hollow on FOX player ant it defo deserves hd and 5.1.
Old 20-09-2013, 22:07   #3202
jitee
Inactive

jitee is on a distinguished roadjitee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Email vm and tell them I did and got a call back,not enough interest in the channel apparently and so not considered a prioty I was told.thank god for sky !!!!
Well IMHO I'm still a Sky customer until the end of October, and I would rather have Universal HD to Sky Atlantic HD anytime.....
Old 20-09-2013, 22:32   #3203
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

There's a tiny thing called GTAV atm which is disturbing my tv viewing.
Old 21-09-2013, 12:21   #3204
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Agreed. When I subscribed to Lovefilm, it was available on my Sony 370 blueray player. Not only was there content missing, but the interface was slow and clunky.

I hope they incorporate 5.1 into the Tivo app; surely the fact that Netflix has 5.1 should spur them on to add it and a new app would be the opportune time. Not holding my breath though.
Old 21-09-2013, 13:50   #3205
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post

Apparently More4 HD is in testing.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=646
I do hope this is launched this week on VM as they are showing the first of the Wembley NFL games Sunday week!
Old 21-09-2013, 14:32   #3206
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
I do hope this is launched this week on VM as they are showing the first of the Wembley NFL games Sunday week!
It's on 4HD not More4
Old 21-09-2013, 15:41   #3207
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
It's on 4HD not More4
Whoops, it's listed on More4 later on must be highlights. I stand corrected.
Old 21-09-2013, 19:31   #3208
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
There's a tiny thing called GTAV atm which is disturbing my tv viewing.
Same here mate, at present I couldn't give a monkeys what's coming soon to vm. Too busy terrorising Los santos
Old 22-09-2013, 07:08   #3209
ford prefect
Inactive

Services: TiVo, Sky (via Xbox) Freeview, V+
ford prefect is an unknown quantity at this point

What is GTAV?
Old 22-09-2013, 07:27   #3210
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its short for Grand Theft Auto Five Sir.