Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2013, 21:57   #1366
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleInfi View Post
TLC, and TLC + 1 on L package, wow, I got a + 1 channel of a dreadful channel.. I can't stand anything that airs on it lol
It's down to one's taste but I love Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Breaking Amish, My Strange Addiction and Your Style in His Hands

to the forum btw
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2013, 22:27   #1367
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
And? are we not entitled to voice our opinion on what we'd like? as long as you're happy with it then to hell with everyone else! is that your take on it? So a handful of people on here have the same opinion, remember this is only an internet forum which thousands of people who are Virgin customers probably never use, and i'd bet many of them have the same opinion as myself, CoulsonTom, and Arthur.
Of course you are entitled to an opinion, as are others including me, just what other channels you want. Once again, you seem to be upset if I disagree with something you say. Should I just agree with you and not have my own opinion, or ask questions? You seem to want the right to speak your mind, but seemingly you want to stop me from speaking mine.
Speaking of questions, you have completely ignored the question that was originally raised about which channels you think VM should be getting, other than Sky Atlantic (allegedly cost prohibitive), Premier Sports (want to be free on the platform) or the missing HD variants (tied up with exclusive deals) Please answer this question.
There are thousands of people who will agree with you, equally millions of other VM users will disagree with your points about the lesser watched channels, especially when they raise revenue for VM.
As I stated before, I don't come on here to have spats with adults. I welcome your reply, but I will not respond.
Old 17-05-2013, 23:07   #1368
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
It's down to one's taste but I love Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Breaking Amish, My Strange Addiction and Your Style in His Hands

to the forum btw
I hate to say this but I'm actually liking this channel, and Mrs M is addicted.
Old 17-05-2013, 23:33   #1369
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky2 did broadcast Sky Poker for an hour late at night some years back.
This was on a non Sky channel though, as all but the premium Sky channels had been removed at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
They are FTA on satellite, the only revenue Sky would get is the small charge it makes for the EPG number on Sky boxes, Freesat also charge a small fee for an EPG number on their boxes, for standard satellite boxes they create their own EPG list.

These channels have to pay the satellite owners (Astra or Eutelsat) for capacity and an uplink provider etc.
True, I would imagine that Sky do make a profit on this arrangement though.

I have received a telephone message to say that the two minor channels "launched" in the early hours of Wednesday morning, but were quickly removed as they were only testing and affected channels100 and 999 which disappeared from the EPG.

I'd bet that (my hunch only) that they were WRN and RTE. Despite the unification of the EPG for some time now, these channels have been allowed to continue in ex Telewest areas only.

I would think that if they were not going to be added to ex NTL areas at some point, they would have been dumped by now as they are the only remaining anomolies.
Old 18-05-2013, 08:27   #1370
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post

to the forum btw
I'm sure others like that channel too, though i think it is a strange addiction
Old 18-05-2013, 09:47   #1371
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I'm sure others like that channel too, though i think it is a strange addiction
No, just their syle
Old 18-05-2013, 15:23   #1372
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Re: The recent influx of new channels.

Been told today that that's it for the time being for the addition of any major channels that are currently broadcasting at the moment. We are unlikely to see any more in the immediate future.

ie we may still get new channels like BT Sports and some other minor channels may appear.
Old 18-05-2013, 15:30   #1373
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well they have got 2 months and a bit to replace the ESPN bouquet of channels and lets hope the wait is worth it.
Old 18-05-2013, 15:35   #1374
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well they have got 2 months and a bit to replace the ESPN bouquet of channels and lets hope the wait is worth it.
Yes, let's hope
Old 18-05-2013, 15:45   #1375
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Re: The recent influx of new channels.

Been told today that that's it for the time being for the addition of any major channels that are currently broadcasting at the moment. We are unlikely to see any more in the immediate future.

ie we may still get new channels like BT Sports and some other minor channels may appear.
There are no major channels that exist.

Atlantic is the only channel vm doesn't have that anyones heard of
Old 18-05-2013, 16:02   #1376
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have mentioned many times about what channels we should have on the VM, and yes l do complain about these +1 channels, which to me are a waste of time when you think we have TiVo which can receord many channels.

What l would like to see on the network is True Movie2, which is on most of the other cable networks.
Old 18-05-2013, 16:04   #1377
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
There are no major channels that exist.

Atlantic is the only channel vm doesn't have that anyones heard of
Universal HD and More4 HD would be very nice additions.

Lack of More4 HD makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 18-05-2013, 16:08   #1378
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

History HD as well.
Old 18-05-2013, 17:23   #1379
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Cool Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:

I believe Sky has More4HD exclusively for 6 months from launch
Old 18-05-2013, 17:43   #1380
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Universal HD is the puzzler for me,why is it taking so long????
Closed Thread