Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 10-12-2012, 13:33   #1621
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TV price rises

It's amazing how prices have gone up in the past 10 years. We used to have all of the Sky channels and Sky Sports for about £30 a month, your looking at just under £50 now
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 21:58   #1622
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

If I call virgin to cancel all services tomorrow due to the price increases, what is expected of me?

Will all my services be cut off straight away or do I have to keep the services for 30 days. Also what would I be liable to pay? I'm due to pay about £98.00 on the 20th December, as per my last bill.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:28   #1623
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If I call virgin to cancel all services tomorrow due to the price increases, what is expected of me?

Will all my services be cut off straight away or do I have to keep the services for 30 days. Also what would I be liable to pay? I'm due to pay about £98.00 on the 20th December, as per my last bill.
When I left all I had to do was give 30 days notice. Your £98 will be taken as usual but then your next bill will have a pro-rated credit added to your account. I suppose if you're going to cancel all of your services then they should refund you the credit back to your bank account but this probably isn't guaranteed. What I would do is cancel your direct debit at the bank so that they can't take the payment, Virgin will then, on your next bill cycle credit the pro-rated amount and advise you what is owing.
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:35   #1624
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
When I left all I had to do was give 30 days notice. Your £98 will be taken as usual but then your next bill will have a pro-rated credit added to your account. I suppose if you're going to cancel all of your services then they should refund you the credit back to your bank account but this probably isn't guaranteed. What I would do is cancel your direct debit at the bank so that they can't take the payment, Virgin will then, on your next bill cycle credit the pro-rated amount and advise you what is owing.
Thanks for the info. So if I cancel tomorrow I'll need too keep my Virgin services until about the 09th January before they get the chop?
Old 10-12-2012, 22:38   #1625
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks for the info. So if I cancel tomorrow I'll need too keep my Virgin services until about the 09th January before they get the chop?
Yes and what you can do, if you want, is to first downgrade any package you're on to the minimum and then tell them you want to cancel and then you'll also get a bigger credit lol
Old 10-12-2012, 22:42   #1626
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes and what you can do, if you want, is to first downgrade any package you're on to the minimum and then tell them you want to cancel
I'm a bit wary of doing that. If I ask them to make any changes wouldn't that be considered as me makes changes to the contract nullifying my ability to cancel under the price increase? I've got a great deal lined up with SKY and I don't want to blow it:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/92...l#post35509744
Old 10-12-2012, 22:44   #1627
geordiechris
cf.addict

Quote:
I'm a bit wary of doing that. If I ask them to make any changes wouldn't that be considered as me makes changes to the contract nullifying my ability to cancel under the price increase? I've got a great deal lined up with SKY and I don't want to blow it:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/92...l#post35509744
I wouldn't have thought it would have any impact as you're not changing your contract, only the package. I added sports and movies to my package for the 30 days notice I had to give at the same time as speaking to retentions to cancel and that didn't impact my ability to cancel.
Old 10-12-2012, 22:49   #1628
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought it would have any impact as you're not changing your contract, only the package. I added sports and movies to my package for the 30 days notice I had to give at the same time as speaking to retentions to cancel and that didn't impact my ability to cancel.
I'll ask Virgin what can be done tomorrow. It's all money that's better off in my pocket!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34   #1629
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

We got the same deal last year via a mate in sky. Had it 10 days as the bb speed was estimated about 11 to 15mb and we got about 2mb so got it all disconnected.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45   #1630
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
We got the same deal last year via a mate in sky. Had it 10 days as the bb speed was estimated about 11 to 15mb and we got about 2mb so got it all disconnected.
You must have had a serious fault with your line or your internal wiring.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21   #1631
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You must have had a serious fault with your line or your internal wiring.
Well my parents when they got Sky installed two years ago were promised 20Mb and the most they get is about 1Mb and despite all their protests about the promised speeds the speeds are still the same.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28   #1632
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well my parents when they got Sky installed two years ago were promised 20Mb and the most they get is about 1Mb and despite all their protests about the promised speeds the speeds are still the same.
Yet again you've come in with an anti Sky rant despite telling us in the Sky section your parents live a long way from the exchange and are on a long line , so basically they'll never get 20mb over ADSL much like my parents hence why they choose VM BB.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31   #1633
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Glad you noticed that too muppetman
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31   #1634
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Wrong... should not happen when we are supposed to be in austerity. Be careful Mr Branson as people we move to your competitors.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33   #1635
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Glad you noticed that too muppetman
Love there battles its so funny
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote