Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2011, 16:47   #2656
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Maybe in 6-12 months when things work like they should
When does anything work as it should? I have not had anything like it, So to me everything is working as it should for me ( Maybe not some of the others )
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2011, 16:55   #2657
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Great stuff HDFootyMan.

Old 23-04-2011, 17:03   #2658
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You go with that if it makes you feel better about moving to sky just before Tivo launched

Which things are you refering to that don't work as they should?
SD picture quality , rebooting boxes , intermittent remote record , having to select first run and rerun due to bad EPG data , to long winded to set up series links the list goes on.
Old 23-04-2011, 17:08   #2659
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
SD picture quality , rebooting boxes , intermittent remote record , having to select first run and rerun due to bad EPG data , to long winded to set up series links the list goes on.
And did all the first SKY+ and HD boxes all go without a hitch when they were first released I think that it is all the same with new tech
Old 23-04-2011, 17:11   #2660
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
And did all the first SKY+ and HD boxes all go without a hitch when they were first released I think that it is all the same with new tech
I never said they didn't , I just stated id leave it 12 months before even considering it.
Old 23-04-2011, 17:13   #2661
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Exactly! There are long long bug report threads in Sky forums but the posts in them are usually by users who actually own a sky box.

Old 23-04-2011, 17:15   #2662
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
Exactly! There are long long bug report threads in Sky forums but the posts in them are usually by users who actually own a sky box.
I don't own a TIVO for the reasons stated I'm still a VMTV customer .
Old 23-04-2011, 17:16   #2663
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
I don't own a TIVO for the reasons stated
I do not own a SKY box any more due to the problem that i had with them after 13 years
Old 23-04-2011, 17:23   #2664
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I do not own a SKY box any more due to the problem that i had with them after 13 years
Enjoy it mate
Old 23-04-2011, 17:27   #2665
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Enjoy it mate
I am mate
Old 23-04-2011, 17:37   #2666
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

This should be interesting.

I created a Wishlist to record all Sci-Fi movies. Its going to record 2 movies from that Wishlist at 6pm, plus Doctor Who (from a series link) at 6. So, that's 3 tuners in use from 6pm.

I'm watching the live footy game on ESPN now, and beyond 6pm - will TiVo cancel one of my recordings to free up a tuner, or will it ask me if its OK to use my 'ESPN' tuner for one of my recordings?

Guess I'll find out in 25 minutes.
Old 23-04-2011, 17:56   #2667
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
This should be interesting.

I created a Wishlist to record all Sci-Fi movies. Its going to record 2 movies from that Wishlist at 6pm, plus Doctor Who (from a series link) at 6. So, that's 3 tuners in use from 6pm.

I'm watching the live footy game on ESPN now, and beyond 6pm - will TiVo cancel one of my recordings to free up a tuner, or will it ask me if its OK to use my 'ESPN' tuner for one of my recordings?

Guess I'll find out in 25 minutes.
Let us know how you get on.
Old 23-04-2011, 18:01   #2668
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Let us know how you get on.
Heh, its asked me if its OK to switch over to Watch on Channel 123 to record The Time Machine, I said no to continue watching the footy on ESPN.
Old 23-04-2011, 18:08   #2669
lawe
cf.member

Services: 200mb Gamer, 3 Sim, Sky+/Netflix
lawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the rough

Had mine installed Wednesday (He came when I just left for work, cheers wife ) and so far... WOW!

Been a week of new goodies into the house and the Tivo is now paired up to a 42" LG and the HD is simply awsome. SD is ok in places but then again the I'm getting used to both the new toys.

One thing I've not found an easy way to do, but then again I'm at work "researching" while on my break, is time padding.
V+ had a option to add minutes to all recordings. From what I've done so far, I have to add each one when I set recordings. Am I missing it or is this something we'll have to wait for?
Still, I'm reading/learning alot about the machine.

Oh and the extras next to each show is a gem
Old 23-04-2011, 18:11   #2670
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawe View Post
Had mine installed Wednesday (He came when I just left for work, cheers wife ) and so far... WOW!

Been a week of new goodies into the house and the Tivo is now paired up to a 42" LG and the HD is simply awsome. SD is ok in places but then again the I'm getting used to both the new toys.

One thing I've not found an easy way to do, but then again I'm at work "researching" while on my break, is time padding.
V+ had a option to add minutes to all recordings. From what I've done so far, I have to add each one when I set recordings. Am I missing it or is this something we'll have to wait for?
Still, I'm reading/learning alot about the machine.

Oh and the extras next to each show is a gem
No you are not missing anything, you have to add padding to each show ( I may stand to be corrected ).
Closed Thread