Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 13:00   #691
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I think I've just about survived my call to order TiVo. After the 35 minute phone call from hell, I'm expecting my 1tb box installed on the 19th.

Will wait and see if this happens though because the lady on the phone seemed clueless.
It really is UNACCEPTABLE that the frontline staff cannot take a simple order.
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 13:01   #692
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Thanks for that , is it the same features just a smaller HDD ?
No mention of features, just the date & price
Old 11-04-2011, 13:02   #693
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc1983 View Post
I am pre registered so they said its fine if I havent got the email cos they checked the system and I was pre registered.

They didnt ask for the code either because the system showed them I was already down for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Worthwhile to inform internally that there are reports of orders being taken without codes then, sio any incorrect orders are stopped since only pre-reg customers should be ringing right now?

I am still waiting the email and my code and would not be happy if other people have been able to ring up and order a Tivo and jump ahead of me.

Would accept if anybody could ring up but their install dates are delayed until the pre-reg customers had booked theirs but cannot see how that can be arranged without knowing the number of pre-reg customers who will order and so should take the first delivery dates.
I agree with perfect choice.

But do we do as richardc1983 did? If people are bypassing the arranged system but we're sat here following the rules, we're the ones that loose out with potentially far off install dates.

Surely, VM have set out a procedure and they should enforce it?
Old 11-04-2011, 13:02   #694
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

DF, any idea how the batches are being worked?
Old 11-04-2011, 13:02   #695
pesty
Inactive

Services: Big Daddy Bundle
pesty is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going for the smaller one next month. I don't ever hardly record anything so the smaller HD box is ample.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:06   #696
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I agree with perfect choice.

But do we do as richardc1983 did? If people are bypassing the arranged system but we're sat here following the rules, we're the ones that loose out with potentially far off install dates.

Surely, VM have set out a procedure and they should enforce it?
I agree too. There has to be a process to avoid non-pre-registered customers getting to order early.

What has happened to the order online option that was promised?
Old 11-04-2011, 13:10   #697
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies83 View Post
Your still paying the £3p/m on the 1TB drive, so if the smaller box is £49.95 + £40 installation your actually saving £60 on today's prices, or £100 when the free install ends.

And £60 isn't a small amount of money - much easier to find £90 than £150
Not if you're a VIP, as the £3 gets waived as I understood it.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

DF, I assume that a cool off period applies to this installation and 12 month contract? i.e. if you have have second thoughts after it is installed that you can cancel and go back to V+?

I would also assume that you pay the £40 in that circumstance?

I ask because unfortunately I'm waiting for a long running customer complaint to be resolved and may back out and jump ship to Sky or Freesat. But if the issue does get resolved, I don't want to have missed out on the TiVo offer.

Boz
Old 11-04-2011, 13:10   #698
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
No mention of features, just the date & price
Cheers mate , think it must have the same features as it has the TIVO £3.00 charge.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:10   #699
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I think I've just about survived my call to order TiVo. After the 35 minute phone call from hell, I'm expecting my 1tb box installed on the 19th.

Will wait and see if this happens though because the lady on the phone seemed clueless.
37 minutes and still on phone, speaking with 4th different person now!
Old 11-04-2011, 13:15   #700
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
37 minutes and still on phone, speaking with 4th different person now!
Remember its good to talk LOL
Old 11-04-2011, 13:16   #701
absthechatter
Inactive

absthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really nice

I'm only on my second sales person, but call nearly 50 minutes long! Neither have a clue about the emails going out and certainly not about the pricing. This is a little ridiculous really!! Getting fed up of being on hold now, but no way am I gonna hang up and start again...
Old 11-04-2011, 13:18   #702
Dean Ashton
cf.member

Services: VIP50 + TiVo
Dean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really nice

Got email.. phoned up, and spoke to extremely helpful support guy.. and TiVo install booked in next Wednesday between 1pm and 6pm.

I'm currently on VIP20, and am paying the £7 per month HD charge (in the absence of any 'new and improved VIP offering'), and will be paying the £3 per month TiVo service charge too.. so I reckon once I've got this in and running, I'll look to migrate to VIP50...

Am I right in thinking VIP50 includes the HD charge and the TiVO service charge, right? If so, then I'll probably end up saving money in order to get faster broadband.

Regardless, I can't wait for my install next week.

Dean
Old 11-04-2011, 13:20   #703
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
42 minutes and all booked. Never once asked for my "unique code" mind! Was told I wasn't allowd to keep my V-HD, have to keep the V+ which surely cannot be correct!? I don't need to record upstairs and would rather have a fast reliable box than one that crashes every 2 minutes to be honest.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ashton View Post
Am I right in thinking VIP50 includes the HD charge and the TiVO service charge, right? If so, then I'll probably end up saving money in order to get faster broadband.
You are dead right. Well worth upgrading!
Old 11-04-2011, 13:20   #704
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Email received at 10:18am

Called the number at about 10:35 and was on hold for over 20 minutes until someone answered. Said I would like to order the Tivo please.
He said do you want to add a box or replace I said replace.
He said so replace the V+ with the Tivo? I said no the old non HD with the Tivo as I believe I can keep the V+ with no extra charge. Can I put you on hold for a minute please.......obviously asking someone if he can do this.
Says ok no problem so that will be £149.95 on your next bill, no install charge £3 a month charge and new 12 month contract.
I said well according to the email I have as I am on VIP50 I will get the £3 a month charge waived. A few seconds check until he says oh yes that's right.

So let's see when we can get the install for you.....I am expecting Easter or after to be honest. Thursday ok for you Sir? WHAT?!?!? as in the 14th? Yes. Erm ok stick me down for the morning.

All booked etc and never at any point asked for the 'unique code' on my email.

Fingers crossed for all the others still waiting but at least you know it is on it's way now.
Old 11-04-2011, 13:22   #705
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's better than waiting (for 'the' email).
Closed Thread