Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Imported phone registration issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Imported phone registration issue

Old 13-12-2009, 08:56   #1
bazzeroo
Inactive

bazzeroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Imported phone registration issue

Hi I am a complete nugget with mobile phones I have bought on ebay this phone Unlocked 3.2"TFT PDA I9+++ Mobile Cell Phone P05-I92 it is a gsm phone not 3g (i think) it has 4 channels gsm 850 gsm 900 dcs1800 pcs19000mhz i have tried tmobile voda sims it can find the networks but fails to register I live in a area with dodgy signal any help would be appreciated ta barry
bazzeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2009, 09:32   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Imported phone registration issue

Take it to an unlocking store as if it can be unlocked they are the ones who will be able to sort it out for you.

If they cannot do it then you have bought a lemon.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 10:22   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

He's already said it's unlocked...

Going by the frequencies covered it should work in the UK (it's a standard quad band phone)

Try to see if you can get a latest firmware update (especially a UK/EU firmware)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 11:55   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
He's already said it's unlocked...

Going by the frequencies covered it should work in the UK (it's a standard quad band phone)

Try to see if you can get a latest firmware update (especially a UK/EU firmware)
To early on a Sunday for me, they may be able to point him in the right direction possibly.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 20:32   #5
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzeroo View Post
Hi I am a complete nugget with mobile phones I have bought on ebay this phone Unlocked 3.2"TFT PDA I9+++ Mobile Cell Phone P05-I92 it is a gsm phone not 3g (i think) it has 4 channels gsm 850 gsm 900 dcs1800 pcs19000mhz i have tried tmobile voda sims it can find the networks but fails to register I live in a area with dodgy signal any help would be appreciated ta barry
Also... it could have been stolen and been blocked by its IMEI number. If its a PDA then most features will still work (but not the cellular phone part obviously).
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 14:44   #6
bazzeroo
Inactive

bazzeroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again
I have taken the handset to work and have managed to get it to register to tmobile (another simcard) but only once could this be because the phone is a less powerful reciever or that the signal is simply crap. the phone is brand new and is an ipod copy bought off ebay it was only 30 quid from hong kong but my son loves it but it is no use if the reason it cannot register is because it is weak at receiving (by the way thanks for all advice) Barry
bazzeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 15:23   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Hmmm, hong kong, place of little space and lots and lots and lots of mobile phone towers.. Might be why it's set to low power
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 22:16   #8
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Aaaaaah. My father-in-law bought one of those from Hong Kong and had the same issue. As Kymmy said it would probably be a lower power than EU/UK mobiles due to the high population density.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 07:06   #9
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Wonder why it was cheap? Hmmmm
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote