Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WNR2000 has rebooted twice today

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WNR2000 has rebooted twice today

Old 13-10-2009, 11:27   #1
Bricktop
cf.member

Bricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathers
WNR2000 has rebooted twice today

Only had this router from VM for a week and so far Ive had 4 reboots. Should I be concerned about this. The power light goes to orange and the green ethernet lights shut off. Then after a minute they all come back on.

Is this router make problematic.
Bricktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2009, 11:51   #2
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: WNR2000 has rebooted twice today

Sounds like a faulty router to me

What are you doing when this happens? Always heavy downloading or?
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 11:54   #3
Bricktop
cf.member

Bricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathersBricktop has ruffled too many feathers

just surfing. I put the latest firmware on a couple of days ago. Im gonna see how it goes. Maybe give it a few weeks to settle in.
Old 13-10-2009, 12:19   #4
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
just surfing. I put the latest firmware on a couple of days ago. Im gonna see how it goes. Maybe give it a few weeks to settle in.
Excuse me for barging in, but can I ask you why you needed to update the firmware.

The only reason I,m asking is that I too have the same VM supplied router and each time I log in to it, it automatically searches for new firmware.

So far it has never indicated that new firmware was present, or has this just recently become available.

For what its worth, mine has occasionally dropped connection to the modem, and the only way to resolve is via a reboot.

Finally did you keep a back up of the old firmware just so you could try reverting back to original speck if you so wished.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 12:29   #5
Bricktop
cf.member

Well the automatic checking of the firmware was giving one that was earlier than on the website. I think I had v1.1 when I got my router, ]my current firmware now is 1.2.3.7 though the automatic search was giving me 1.2.08 as the latest before I upgraded.

I upgraded as I found browsing the different sections of the router to be very slow responsive.

I did a backup which gave me a file called NETGEAR_WNR2000.cfg
Old 13-10-2009, 12:42   #6
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

If you go to this Netgear Page:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2614

Click the 'Downloads' tab, and then tick the 'Show All Versions' box, you can download a complete set of firmware backups.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 12:50   #7
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Well the automatic checking of the firmware was giving one that was earlier than on the website. I think I had v1.1 when I got my router, ]my current firmware now is 1.2.3.7 though the automatic search was giving me 1.2.08 as the latest before I upgraded.

I upgraded as I found browsing the different sections of the router to be very slow responsive.

Thanks for info, I will have a look into this myself now I know there is newer FW,

Have you had a look in the logs to see if it sheds any light on the situation.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 13:05   #8
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:

The CFG is short for Config. It is not the firmware.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 16:15   #9
Bricktop
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
The CFG is short for Config. It is not the firmware.
so i wont be able to downgrade now.

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Thanks for info, I will have a look into this myself now I know there is newer FW,

Have you had a look in the logs to see if it sheds any light on the situation.
I will see how it goes as the last router I had was a Belkin 54g and for a few weeks it would lock up reguarly, but after that it became stable.
Old 13-10-2009, 16:26   #10
buckleb
Inactive

buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
so i wont be able to downgrade now.
Yes you will, if you follow the link I posted above. Save the file to your Hard Drive and choose the path where it is from the router's upgrade screen.
Old 13-10-2009, 16:36   #11
die5el
Inactive

die5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nice

Having the same problems myself with the wnr 2000 router also in the end i put my old wgr614v6 in line Saturday evening it has been stable since no droputs as of yet getting my full 50 meg now with no dropouts
die5el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 16:42   #12
buckleb
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by die5el View Post
Having the same problems myself with the wnr 2000 router also in the end i put my old wgr614v6 in line it has been stable since the weekend also getting my full 50 meg now with no dropouts
I've also gone back to my previous router (a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 running DD-WRT) and it does seem to be much more stable than the WNR2000.