Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:40   #1636
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Setanta Sports UK fall out: SPL update

SPL chiefs are to vote today on a joint £65m TV deal from BSkyB and ESPN.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...tv_package.php

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

New Channel coming next Month.

ESPN will launch on the 4th of August 2009 on Virgin TV Channel 553.

Info from agbnielsen
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2009, 12:51   #1637
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

In time for the Premiership season then. So no bitching and moaning about it not being here yet.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:56   #1638
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

Don't think the clubs will have any choice but to accept this offer .

That being the case, I hope that this new channel will be included in the XL package as setanta was.

The former Setanta executive producer of football has now been hired by ESPN. http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/blog/?p=1933
Old 07-07-2009, 17:00   #1639
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin Media tests Five HD Channels.

An Virgin Media viewer in an Ex-ntl area has told me the following in an email:

Quote:
I have found 6 new channels testing.

Five of them appear to be testing HD but don't ask me what as the picture is distorted because I don't have a HD box to view the full test.

The channels are labled as follows.

VMTest1 - Testing HD
VMTest2 - Testing HD
VMTest3 - Blank
VMTest4 - Testing HD
VMTest5 - Testing HD
VMTest6 - Testing HD

Epg on all of them are labled as "Test Schedule"
Old 07-07-2009, 17:05   #1640
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Blimey....progress....
Old 07-07-2009, 17:39   #1641
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

ESPN Update:

Disney-owned ESPN's new UK channel will replace ESPN America on the Sky satellite and Virgin Media cable TV electronic programme guides from August 3rd.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...-setanta-bskyb
Old 07-07-2009, 17:39   #1642
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Could it be. Has there been sightings of the devil ice skating in hell

BTW for a explanation See my sig

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 07-07-2009, 17:53   #1643
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

there's no vmtest channels in my ex-c&w area, hope we can find out which channels are being tested in the ex-ntl areas. i presume they would all be bbchd rather than the new channels that will launch just to annoy us :P
Old 07-07-2009, 19:37   #1644
starsailor123uk
Inactive

starsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
ESPN Update:

Disney-owned ESPN's new UK channel will replace ESPN America on the Sky satellite and Virgin Media cable TV electronic programme guides from August 3rd.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...-setanta-bskyb
That would more **** me off!
Old 07-07-2009, 20:18   #1645
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
there's no vmtest channels in my ex-c&w area, hope we can find out which channels are being tested in the ex-ntl areas. i presume they would all be bbchd rather than the new channels that will launch just to annoy us :P
YOu have the samsung box? if not that why you do not see the tests, but hay everyone thinks they will never launch hd channel s would be funny if they annouced and launch bbc hd in +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 for about 5 minutes then would be a really big kick in the teeth
Old 07-07-2009, 23:14   #1646
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

don't VM do this sort of testing all the time. Until we get anything announced we don't know any new HD channels are launching.
Old 07-07-2009, 23:19   #1647
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

Update on this story I have been given info that VMTest3 has tonight started an other HD Channel test on Virgin TV in the Ex-NTL area.

So THAT now Six not Five HD Channels testing on Virgin TV.
Old 07-07-2009, 23:23   #1648
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Update on this story I have been given info that VMTest3 has tonight started an other HD Channel test on Virgin TV in the Ex-NTL area.

So THAT now Six not Five HD Channels testing on Virgin TV.
Which, funnily enough, is the number of channels they said they'd launch.
Old 08-07-2009, 00:12   #1649
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Wihout wanting to break any rules, i am on the ex-ntl platform with a v+ box and would like to know how you find these test channels. If this is frowned upon, simply dont reply
Old 08-07-2009, 04:35   #1650
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Not wanting to depress anybody, but haven't we been here before with "channels testing", eg Wedding TV, JJB sports, Daystar and Pop girls or something?
Far be it for me to criticize VM with Andrew around but we still have yet to receive any of these channels.
Closed Thread