Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin - Internet timing out?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin - Internet timing out?

Old 31-07-2007, 08:18   #1
Perad
Inactive

Perad is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin - Internet timing out?

OK, i think i have worked out my problem but I just want someone to confirm it. I can't pin point how often this happens but it must be twice a week. Using Virgin Media ofcourse.

The Internet on my router cuts out, however it still provides full networking functionality. This is the second router to have the same problem so I am thinking that the lease time on the IP address from Virgin is running out and my router isn't going to get a new one.

The only other thing it could be is that Virgin is bandwidth throttling.

Does anyone know if either of these are applicable as I would quite like to sort out this problem.
Perad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2007, 09:12   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin - Internet timing out?

What router is it, how is it set up and have you specified a MAC for it or allowed it to ask for one?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote