Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | wireless router for ntl broadband /set top box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

wireless router for ntl broadband /set top box

Old 23-10-2006, 22:34   #1
vixencreating
Inactive

vixencreating is an unknown quantity at this point
Question wireless router for ntl broadband /set top box

please can any1 help me to decide what wireless router is best to get for our ntl broadband (works through set top box). 4mb.
I am no computer wiz, and the kids are driving me mad wanting to go on the net aswell.
i have a desktop pc, and the kids have laptops that are just sitting there waiting to be online. i got given a bt voyager 2091 - but am not stupid enough to try it - as it is probably a crazy thing to do as i am not computer literate. please help
vixencreating is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2006, 22:36   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: wireless router for ntl broadband /set top box

Alot of people here use the Linksys WRT54GS, including myself and i have zero problems with it.
Old 23-10-2006, 22:38   #3
Womble
Inactive

Services: 20meg BB SACM : All the Channels and phone
Womble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of QuadsWomble has a fine set of Quads

Hi
LINKSYS WRT54G WIRELESS 54MBPS ROUTER is prob ya best bet

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 22:42   #4
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

to CF

Your BT router won't be any good - only works on ADSL connections, not NTL Cable.

I'm sitting behind a Linksys WRT54G - works a treat for me.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 22:43   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Hi
LINKSYS WRT54G WIRELESS 54MBPS ROUTER is prob ya best bet

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=
At that price i agree. Grab it while it's on offer. It's the same as the WRT54GS but without the speedbooster technology.
Old 23-10-2006, 22:55   #6
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Another vote here for the Linkysys.
Easy to set up to.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 00:05   #7
vixencreating
Inactive

vixencreating is an unknown quantity at this point

gr8 thanks for your help and your time to reply
vixencreating is offline   Reply With Quote