Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Overclockers :(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Overclockers :(

Old 04-11-2004, 10:53   #1
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Overclockers :(

Not sure if this is in the right place, just wanted to post my recent experience with Overclockers.co.uk so other's can be forewarned if they ever decide to order from them.

The last order I placed I paid to have sent out special delivery, they decided to hold on to the items for an extra couple of day's before sending them, ok, this happens occassionally, what I did object to was spending the best part of an hour on an 0870 number on hold to find out what was happening.

The order I placed yesterday morning, I paid almost 25 quid to have the items sent out using Parcelforce 24. I get a shipment email from them with a tracking number, I try to track it online today, Parcelforces web site say's it's not valid, I call parcelforce, another 30 minutes to an 0870 number, they tell me that it's not a Parcelforce OR Royalmail number, back on the phone to Overclockers, and I've been on hold now for 51 minutes, I did however find a geographical number for them 01782 339600 but that's still national rate for me, they just don't end up coining it in from my phone call though.

It's getting increasingly hard to recommend any supplier of computer parts nowaday's but I know for sure I'll never use overclockers again.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2004, 10:58   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Overclockers :(

Moved to Computers and IT (tho I recognise this is a lifestyle issue for some )
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:05   #3
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

hmm.. could be another one off the list now... at this rate, I'm going to have to use Scan all the time
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:15   #4
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

They've finally answered the phone, an hour later, told me that Parcelforce have changed their consignment numbers, which is rubbish according to Parcelforce, then they tell me it's definately been shipped but won't arrive today, then, after more niggling, they tell me it's not been shipped and that they WON'T refund me my postage because they have to pay for it, despite me paying them to call them, after asking to speak to his manager, apparently he's gone into a meeting for a very long time and he won't be able to call me back.

Customer service at it's poorest, NTL were far more reliable than this shower.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:19   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I've never had any problems with them.

They have had a few messages on their front page about having to take on new staff because of continued expansion. Might be becoming a victim of their own success.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:30   #6
Bifta
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
I've never had any problems with them.

They have had a few messages on their front page about having to take on new staff because of continued expansion. Might be becoming a victim of their own success.
I don't think so, I think you've just been incredibly lucky

http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5342708
http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5464385
http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5468971
http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5338598
http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5369851
http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5404910
http://www.ciao.co.uk/overclockers_c...Review_5382510
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/retailer.php?t=34
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/misc-systems...et-ltd/438212/
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/misc-systems...et-ltd/429819/
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/misc-systems...et-ltd/406950/
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/misc-systems...et-ltd/436642/

and there's many more
Old 04-11-2004, 11:32   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have used them once and was pleased with their cust service.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:33   #8
Bifta
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I have used them once and was pleased with their cust service.
Did you actually have to speak to their customer services?
Old 04-11-2004, 11:37   #9
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

I think you need to add a 'DUMP OVERCLOCKERS' icon next to your DUMP firefox icon! make it a pretty one!
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:38   #10
Bifta
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
I think you need to add a 'DUMP OVERCLOCKERS' icon next to your DUMP firefox icon! make it a pretty one!
I think you're probably right
Old 04-11-2004, 11:45   #11
Strzelecki
Inactive

Services: 80/20Mbps FTTC on Freeola
Strzelecki has reached the bronze age
Strzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze age

I used to order from them but had a similar experience. So now that they're just down the road I visit them instead! The people working behind the desk serving are the grumpiest I've ever known! (Worse than some PC Worlds!) They have posters all over the shop asking for technicians and customer service staff. We had a plan at work where we'd all up and leave and go and work for Overclockers for better pay, but I don't think the pay is better. They certainly seem to be struggling, shame because they sell some good stuff. They need to move from where they are to a bigger more accessible place too!
Strzelecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:45   #12
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yep, have some friends (honest... I do have some!) that have been stung by overclockers in the past, so I've always steered clear of them.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new sig
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:52   #13
Bifta
Inactive

Their logo is too crap to do anything decent with, bit like their customer service. What rags my sh*te is that overclock.co.uk (not to be confused with the shower I've had to deal with) are fantastic for customer service, they charge a whack for postage to Northern Ireland though and their items seem to be a bit more expensive too. I remember when I got my old Chieftec case, I lost some of the drive rails, the bloke I spoke to in support was very friendly and helpful and stuck some in the post free of charge for me. For those of you in England that won't have to pay a premium for postage though, I recommend http://www.overclock.co.uk as a decent alternative.
Old 04-11-2004, 13:30   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Did you actually have to speak to their customer services?
my bad it was overclock.co.uk I used.
Old 04-11-2004, 13:39   #15
Nutty
Inactive

Nutty is on a distinguished roadNutty is on a distinguished road

I've used overclockers many times, and not had a single problem. Even getting a returns number for 1 part, but in the end it was only a 5 quid light I couldn't be bothered returning it.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote