Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A Twitter user jailed for C word - is this an erosion of freedom of speech?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

first filming in court released.

Old 18-04-2012, 14:06   #1
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
first filming in court released.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-17754517

I feel sorry for the family of this woman who was murdered thankful to see they got justice for her death. So sad they cant have the closure of giving her decent send off due to this monster wont say where he left her.

I had my doubts on this move but if this the sole purpose the deliberation of the judge sentencing then its absolute fine. The case made history as being first filmed trial.

Hope they dont exscelate it go further such showing the trial as this could be worry if person was inocent. Not even ever been sure Its right with even drawings and video footage acused before trials.

We seen media hound inocent people we should honour inocence before found guilty.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2012, 15:23   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: first filming in court released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-17754517

I feel sorry for the family of this woman who was murdered thankful to see they got justice for her death. So sad they cant have the closure of giving her decent send off due to this monster wont say where he left her.

I had my doubts on this move but if this the sole purpose the deliberation of the judge sentencing then its absolute fine. The case made history as being first filmed trial.

Hope they dont exscelate it go further such showing the trial as this could be worry if person was inocent. Not even ever been sure Its right with even drawings and video footage acused before trials.

We seen media hound inocent people we should honour inocence before found guilty.
Ahem....

Quote:
Shame on you richard branson

thats disgrace wonder anything to do with tax reforms on tax relief.

Apparantly lots charities reporting threats pulling out funding due to changes. Its disgraceful all these businesses and individuals just did it to tax avoidance rather goodness of there heart.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...-relief-budget
If we are talking about innocent until proven guilty...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 16:19   #3
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The case made history as being first filmed trial.
Except it isn't. The trial wasn't filmed, all they filmed was someone prodding the judge out of coma to waffle a bit before telling him how long he's spending inside.
It's been done before in courts usings Scots law (Lockerbie trial) and actual trials have been filmed and broadcast up here previously.

Quote:
I hope they do so the public can see how much the process is spun out and the ridiculous lengths defence agents go to to get their clients off.

Quote:
The accused was perfectly happy to give interviews to the media proclaiming his innocence when he was first associated with the murder but before there was enough evidence to detain, arrest or charge him.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 19:30   #4
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Having watched the video, it would seem this man Gilroy would still be walking the streets had it not been for the 'commendably thorough' efforts by the police to bring him to justice without a corpus dilicti and no forensic evendence. Luckily the jury were able to watch CCTV of Gilroy and Suzanne's movements which the police were able to string together to prove/solve who dun it. I truly hope that he (Gilroy) shows remorse and reveals where he hid her body, for the sake of her parents and family.

R.I.P Suzanne
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 16:27   #5
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

I still wonder why they wear those stupid wigs and the robes.

I can understand dressing up in formal wear of some kind (shirt/tie/trousers/jacket etc), but in this day and age, why the wig/robe? heh
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote