Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nuclear project in disarray as two pull out making new plants

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Invisible smoke
View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as invisible smoke?
Yes 9 47.37%
No 1 5.26%
I don't care 3 15.79%
Wibble Wobble 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2012, 22:46   #1
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Invisible smoke

Anyone saw the adverts for 'invisible smoke' (smoking)?
are they just making it up?
can I get high from breathing in the fumes of that Bob Marley stuff without actually smoking it?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2012, 23:23   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Invisible smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
can I get high from breathing in the fumes of that Bob Marley stuff without actually smoking it?
wibble wobble ,maaan that's good smoke

what we voting on now gary
Old 05-04-2012, 23:31   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Huh?!?
Old 05-04-2012, 23:33   #4
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
what we voting on now gary
Whether Bob Marley is the king of Reggae as Elvis is as the king of Rock n Roll. and why invisible smoke is more denser than real smoke in the adverts.
Old 05-04-2012, 23:39   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Whether Bob Marley is the king of Reggae as Elvis is as the king of Rock n Roll. and why invisible smoke is more denser than real smoke in the adverts.

phew ,i thought for a moment you where going for a serious discussion on the dangers of passive smoking
Old 05-04-2012, 23:42   #6
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Passive smoking is breathing in smoke isn't it? if you extract the smoke out of harms way. then isn't the now new invisible smoke just clutching at straws?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:23   #7
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Smoke is good for you!
When I was growing up there were hundreds of mills belching out black smoke 24/7, all the houses had coal fires and the wind would blow down the chimneys and fill the room with smoke, pea-soupers were an adventure to be enjoyed yet kids didn't have asthma or eczema, come the Clean Air Act suddenly half the kids had asthma and the other half had eczema. What more proof could anyone want?
Bring back coal.... coal means health.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40   #8
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
Smoke is good for you!
When I was growing up there were hundreds of mills belching out black smoke 24/7, all the houses had coal fires and the wind would blow down the chimneys and fill the room with smoke, pea-soupers were an adventure to be enjoyed yet kids didn't have asthma or eczema, come the Clean Air Act suddenly half the kids had asthma and the other half had eczema. What more proof could anyone want?
it never left my house not many can see the benefits of fossil fuel smoke
and i started smoking at 8 years old back in the day when cigs were good for you ,makes you wonder what they put in them these days [they make people ill while there still in the packet ]

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Quote:
you should try spending time in the cabin of my boat when my sons in there you defiantly get bob marley'd
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Smoke is good for you!
I do hope you are joking slowcoach. I also lived through those times but I also remember members of my family and friends having to cope with debilitating periods where their Bronchitis had them gasping for breath and the soaring death rates of both adults and children after a period of bad pollution such as smog. Just because the diagnosis of an illness has been made more accurate does not mean the illness wasn't there and being lumped under the general term of "bronchitis".

http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/content/68/1/95.full
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Invisible smoke

85% of the particulates in tobacco smoke are too small for the eye to see, so are effectively 'invisible'.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18   #11
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I think they are on about "the vapours" which can't be filmed, so they had real smoke as a stand-in. Hmmm... didn't women used to suffer from "the vapours" in olden times?

Next it'll be "Don't touch your children with those nicotine/tar stained fingers! They are covered in 'lurgies!"
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

No, they're not.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46   #13
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Where there's no smoke...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53   #14
Gary L
cf.mega poster

...it means it's a no smoking area.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52   #15
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Smoke is good for you!
I'm with you on that one mate, can't beat the smell of burning coal in a morning when you open the door.

I come from a family of miners which stretch back hundreds of years. I remember the mornings when the smoke used to billow down the chimney when there was a wind.

Ah them were the days.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote