Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HD channels out of sync?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo installed yesterday- not a good start

Old 18-04-2012, 09:47   #1
xcellency
Inactive

xcellency is on a distinguished roadxcellency is on a distinguished road
TiVo installed yesterday- not a good start

..I am not receiving any ondemand/apps service due to a network availability issue..the chap on the phone has booked a tech for tomorrow.

Furthermore, the quality on HD channels is lacking- my previous Samsung V+ box was giving much better picture quality. Here's hoping the issue can be fixed, otherwise I will revert to the previous V+ box.
xcellency is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2012, 12:07   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
re: TiVo installed yesterday- not a good start

You can't revert to the v+ unless it's still in your possesion
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 12:46   #3
xcellency
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
You can't revert to the v+ unless it's still in your possesion
I've had the V+ moved upstairs to the kids room...the Mrs hates the new TiVo. The kids prefer V+ as is simple to use.

As a staff member at Virgin Media, I've heard many complaints from customers regarding TiVo- but others think it's great. It has potential..they need to simplify the interface/navigation and iron out network issues..we'll see what the tech has to say tomorrow, im willing to give it a chance.
Old 18-04-2012, 13:10   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

I hate ( no I don`t) to say I told you so. In my case I just swapped them over. Put dust cover over TiVo & await the day when its up to speed.
Old 18-04-2012, 13:53   #5
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I hate ( no I don`t) to say I told you so. In my case I just swapped them over. Put dust cover over TiVo & await the day when its up to speed.
So that will be "coming soon" then......
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 15:22   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
So that will be "coming soon" then......
Old 19-04-2012, 08:42   #7
xcellency
Inactive

Re: TiVo installed yesterday- not a good start

Well, it seems to have fixed itself hmmmm
Old 19-04-2012, 08:43   #8
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcellency View Post
Well, it seems to have fixed itself hmmmm
Good things take time to bed in
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 14:10   #9
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcellency View Post
they need to simplify the interface/navigation and iron out network issues.
The menu options aren't as simple as V+ but there is a very good reason for this; you have a lot more options. Personally, I prefer the more options and if that requires a less simple menu, then so be it. You will soon get used to the new menus, and one day isn't really enough time to properly evaluate them in my view.

The lack of network availability does happen more often than it should but doesn't bother me too much. You can still watch live channels and play shows that you've recorded when the network connection is down though.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 14:17   #10
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The menu options aren't as simple as V+ but there is a very good reason for this; you have a lot more options. Personally, I prefer the more options and if that requires a less simple menu, then so be it.
Exactly right. It always amazes that people can't seem to understand why something that has more options/does more has to be "more complicated" to use.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 14:28   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Exactly right. It always amazes that people can't seem to understand why something that has more options/does more has to be "more complicated" to use.
Quite clearly it does. Not a problem as far as I am concerned
Old 19-04-2012, 19:51   #12
starfish
cf.member

starfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the Tivo installed today and had a quick look at it. Too soon to say if I am going to regret swapping it but I am already missing the numbers for all the options (there really is no excuse for leaving them off) and the HD section of Catch Up TV - can't find it anywhere and it was very handy.
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 20:23   #13
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
...I am already missing the numbers for all the options (there really is no excuse for leaving them off)...
There are a few; though un-documented

From "Home":
1 : Manage series links
2 : Planned recordings (todo list)
3 : Wishlists
4 : Search all TV
5 : Browse all TV

And I suspect that the reason for it is that there are so many options it would be pointless.

Quote:
...and the HD section of Catch Up TV - can't find it anywhere and it was very handy.
No idea, but shouldn't it be in the same place? (Don't use CU much!)
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 20:55   #14
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Eh? Home > catch up & on demand > catch up TV >HD catch up.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

I know everyone has different things that are important to them when it comes to choosing equipment, but I consider TiVo to be so good, and v+ to be so basic, that I am genuinely staggered when I hear people talk of "regretting" swapping. I'm not looking to restart a debate that's been done to death here and elsewhere, but I do think people need to be prepared to give TiVo some time before forming an opinion. I love it, and simply don't recognise some of the problems people describe. If you don't think something is working as it should, then report it.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 21:15   #15
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Eh? Home > catch up & on demand > catch up TV >HD catch up.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

I know everyone has different things that are important to them when it comes to choosing equipment, but I consider TiVo to be so good, and v+ to be so basic, that I am genuinely staggered when I hear people talk of "regretting" swapping. I'm not looking to restart a debate that's been done to death here and elsewhere, but I do think people need to be prepared to give TiVo some time before forming an opinion. I love it, and simply don't recognise some of the problems people describe. If you don't think something is working as it should, then report it.
Unfortunately some people are happy with technology staying static e.g the V+ and become negative to change