Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Online light flashing for 2 days now, & spontaneous reboots. Faulty V+ box?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can't Sync Remote Volume

Old 13-04-2010, 15:01   #1
writestuff
Inactive

Services: Virgin phone, broadband, and TV with V+
writestuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't Sync Remote Volume

My V+box was installed today. The installer, who seemed extremely competent, could not sync the remote with the TV. No code was listed for my Sony Bravia KDL26E4000. He tried all the numbers listed for Sony TVs without success, then phoned his boss also without success.

Any bright ideas please?
writestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2010, 18:27   #2
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star
Re: Can't Sync Remote Volume

You could try phoning these guys:

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/repl...controls/sony/
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 19:48   #3
pigpen
Inactive

Services: XL TV, 50Mbit BB, Phone
pigpen is on a distinguished roadpigpen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pigpen

I'm pretty sure all Sony TVs use the same codes, certainly all the ones I've owned have worked without having to reprogram remotes to suit.

Anyway, on my KDL40W5500 code 0001 works fine.
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 20:34   #4
leo825
Inactive

leo825 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had trouble using the codes listed for my LG tv. In the end I used the generic code (0010) and it worked fine. Just follow instructions on screen (volume up and mute buttons etc). Once you've entered the code hold the standby button and the 'tv' light will blink as it scans through all of the different codes. Just press ok when your tv switches off.

Hope this helps.

This is assuming you have the new slim remote of course. It may be different with the older remote (the first one they show when going through the setup options).
leo825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 21:35   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Unfortunately some of TV remote codes haven't been correctly updated for the newer remotes, but these are being fixed asap

For the moment use the ones from Help site http://help.virginmedia.com/system/v...7-5E67289E1EA3
Old 15-04-2010, 13:33   #6
writestuff
Inactive

Services: Virgin phone, broadband, and TV with V+
writestuff is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all who offered advice. I tried everything suggested, but without success. The URL from BenMcr provided some hope as there were another lot of codes listed, however none worked. I phoned Sony, Samsung, and Virgin and although they seemed competent, they did not have any useful advice.

This morning I visited the Virgin shop in town. I was not hoping for much as they are really only sales people. But the manager said they had a spare remote I could try. This was what he called the old large type. I took it home, fitted the batteries and it synced up to the TV with the first code in the list 0001.

I am happy now and looking forward to using the many features of what appears a great bit of kit.
writestuff is offline   Reply With Quote