Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Handset upgrade to Desire S question

Old 04-05-2011, 13:50   #1
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era
Handset upgrade to Desire S question

Hi all. If this is the wrong place to ask this can a mod pls move it.

I have upgraded today as contract had expired. Was toying with the BB Torch but as its out of stock was recommended the HTC Desire S agreed and delivered tomorrow.

question is, has anyone had any experience of this phone and what do you think of it? have I made a good choice?

Thanks

Phil
Phil-ntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2011, 14:08   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Handset upgrade to Desire S question

Review from Techradar is here...

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...-930920/review

Looks like an OK phone, touchscreen isn't for me but if its your cup of tea then its a pretty good phone!

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 14:18   #3
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks Steve.

Having never had an android phone before and being used to symbian or Blackberry OS this looks like it could take a bit of getting used to but the specs do read as pretty good

Phil
Old 04-05-2011, 14:19   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I have a HTC Desire, and think it is a very good phone.

Easy to use, and lots of Apps available.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 18:56   #5
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Easy to use, and lots of Apps available.
Including the Cable Forum app that i couldnt get on my Nokia
Old 04-05-2011, 19:14   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have the regular Desire and it is a fantastic phone. Android is a brilliant OS and I think you will love the phone.

Torch isn't just out of stock. It won't be coming back.
Old 04-05-2011, 19:21   #7
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Thanks Guys.

After reading the review link Steve posted earlier and listening to comments here, I think i've made the right choice. Tbh i was only interested in the torch because i'm familiar with the bb os and some of the apps, which will no doubt be available for android anyway.

Looking forward to ups coming tomorrow now so i can play with my new toy.

Hope you dont mind me pming you Stephen/Hugh if i get stuck lol (j/k)

Phil
Old 04-05-2011, 19:27   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Android has a lot more apps than BB.

Feel free, although its very easy to use and simple to get the hang of.
Old 05-05-2011, 17:17   #9
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

ok i'll admit it. I'm impressed, very impressed. looks like I made the right choice.

even found the cable forum app and am using it now
Old 05-05-2011, 17:30   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Get Angry Birds Chomp SMS is a good replacement for the SMS app and has a lot more options on it.
Old 05-05-2011, 18:56   #11
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

grrrrrrr Angry Birds is addictive
Old 06-05-2011, 13:43   #12
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Android has a lot more apps than BB.

Feel free, although its very easy to use and simple to get the hang of.
Could all change due to this?

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hin...hite-flag/7525
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 16:31   #13
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Methinks that could be R.I.M admitting defeat?