Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Counterstrike & Windows volume settings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Battlefield 2 Demo!!

Old 11-06-2005, 01:10   #1
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age
Battlefield 2 Demo!!

ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store2/bl..._2_Demo_GC.zip

The only fast link left existing =)

20% right now so no comment as of.

(multiplayer demo btw).
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2005, 01:11   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Battlefield 2 Demo!!

It's 560Mb

I know that with BB people are less worried about file sizes but with something that big a little warning would be nice please
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:40   #3
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Who cares about the size?!? It's Battlefield 2!!! Yippee!!!!!
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:55   #4
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Warning??? In IE it tells you the filesize before downloading

And anyway, with the way how big stuff is nowadays and my love of hdtv, thats just a modest filesize (take note isps!!!).
Old 11-06-2005, 02:27   #5
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack

Nice!! getting a steady 360KB/Sec here.
gooner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:23   #6
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Best game demo in years, can't wait for the full version at the end of the month. I was expecting to be disappointed but it's fantastic.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 14:52   #7
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I have it downloading now, from all the wow responses on my MSN to those who have already downloaded it, sounds like a fun game.

Can anyone tell me with my PC specs should it run on my pc ( specs in sig )
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 15:37   #8
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Straffing dosent work correctly (you can't go forward and stafe at the same time) and the control setup is the worst i've EVER seen an absolute nightmare if you use something like a Nostromo N52, there are a number of glitches as well, i've been stuck going in a particular direction and its juddery one minute then smooth the next.

When it does work it looks good - but - it not really playable for me at the moment.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 17:41   #9
jtwn
Inactive

You can't *sprint* and strafe, if thats what you mean. You should be able to run and strafe.
Old 11-06-2005, 18:17   #10
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxodriver
I have it downloading now, from all the wow responses on my MSN to those who have already downloaded it, sounds like a fun game.

Can anyone tell me with my PC specs should it run on my pc ( specs in sig )
512mb = lots of disk swapping.
Old 13-06-2005, 03:56   #11
mrlipring
Inactive

Services: PCI DVB-T Freeview NTL Digital NTL 3mbit NTL phone
mrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud of

Had i not already gone over my limit today...

Thanks for the link. Maxing out my pipe at 350KB/sec.
mrlipring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 16:29   #12
KingPhoenix
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & 8mb ADSL + BT Together option 3
KingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze array
KingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze arrayKingPhoenix has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to KingPhoenix

Cant believe i missed this

Ive had BF2 on pre-order for about 2-3 months now....

Downloading now
KingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 20:34   #13
OinkyBoinky
Inactive

Services: NTL 2048kbps CM Basic NTL TV
OinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about themOinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about themOinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about themOinkyBoinky has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to OinkyBoinky

i downloaded... installed.... went to play... black screen.... crash to desktop ...

It don't support my gfx card... i got a gf4 ti...
OinkyBoinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 21:04   #14
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

For all you ATi owners out there - goto Catalyst 5.6 - this solved ALL my graphical problems (was using 5.2).

Oh and i managed to fiddle the controls.con file (eventually) to get it to accept the keys that i wanted to play with - still a crap control screen though.

There is a very helpful and informative tweak guide as well over at http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 21:46   #15
Bifta
Inactive

For some reason the game has started locking up on the menu screen (server browser)