Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying Android adverts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How does Android compare to Windows in use on smartphones?

Old 06-11-2015, 09:29   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
How does Android compare to Windows in use on smartphones?

Hi,

I am looking to replace my old hand set as the touch screen is now faulty and use my old SIM so I do not want a contract as I only spend about £2 per month.

My use is calls, texting and camera and a screen 5" or larger.

I have been looking around and there is a Samsung J5 (5" screen)which uses the Android system £179.99 from Carphonewarehouse with a 1 year manufactures warranty and the Microsoft Lumia 535 (£88.97) and the Microsoft Lumia 640 "£129.99 from John Lewis) which has a John Lewis 2 year warranty which use the Windows system.

How dose the Android system compare to the Windows system is use?

Ken
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2015, 12:06   #2
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground
Re: How dose the Android system compare to the Windows system is use

Android is much better from what I've heard regarding Windows Phones, with more free apps and better usability. But you do have to pay for a good Android phone to get decent performance (the same can be said for most smart phones). I suggest you try one out before you buy. I use Android myself.
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:15   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

colleagues here generally like their windows phones, apart from the lack of apps after coming from Android phones.

they do like the actual phones though, but not sure if they have expensive ones or not.

I've got a cheap (sub 100) Android phone which I like.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:52   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Apparently windows phone 10 will soon be able to install android apps too

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 16:16   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Windows phone is much easier and nicer for basic users. Android has a lot of advanced functionality and flexibility that just confuses people who don't need them.

The Lumias are quite decent build quality devices. I know many people happy with them.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 16:54   #6
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Windows phone is much easier and nicer for basic users. Android has a lot of advanced functionality and flexibility that just confuses people who don't need them.

The Lumias are quite decent build quality devices. I know many people happy with them.
I think that I come into the basic user, (calls, text, camera and a min of 5" screen)
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 18:22   #7
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: How does Android compare to Windows in use on smartphones?

My son had a windows phone as his last phone. I told him not to but he wouldn't listen. He's much happier with his new Android.
Old 06-11-2015, 18:27   #8
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
My son had a windows phone as his last phone. I told him not to but he wouldn't listen. He's much happier with his new Android.
A parent's tale if ever there was one...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14   #9
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I had a Lumia 800 and it was a good phone but it really lacked in apps.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and very happy android user.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:20   #10
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Microsoft may have it nearly all their own way on the desktop, but they are the 3rd player in Phone - many apps are Android, iPhone or both, but many just don't bother supporting Windows phone.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote