Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FCC orders Comcast to stop restricting net access

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Aurora: New concepts in Browser Design

Old 10-08-2008, 00:07   #1
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Aurora: New concepts in Browser Design

Mozilla Labs, in cojuction with Adaptive Path (a company responsible for the design on MySpace) have produced a series of videos called "Aurora".

These videos are intended to showcase how future web browsers may operate. The video is intended to prompt discussion about the future of browsers, and how they will manage and enable interaction between users and sites.

The video is a little jerky for me, but the video (and an explanation of the concept) is at http://adaptivepath.com/aurora/index.php
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2008, 12:05   #2
NeilH
Inactive

Services: Virgin Plus XL Broadband L I Miss My Sky + And Bt Business Broadband.
NeilH is on a distinguished roadNeilH is on a distinguished road
Re: Aurora: New concepts in Browser Design

Nice.. Looks like Microsofts next windows version though.. Devleoped in cunjunction with the nice people at firefox people as well. Looks to much like mac for me but lets see where they go with this technology and if it sees a pc release at some point.
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:12   #3
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age
Re: Aurora: New concepts in Browser Design

Seems like a very complex implementation, I can't really see any benefit to it!

Then again, I like things to be very clean and simple, even minor gratuitous animations irritate me (and there are plenty in that video)
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote