Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help In Choosing Wireless USB Adaptor.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

PC to Mac wireless connection

Old 23-05-2007, 17:06   #1
Harry56
Inactive

Harry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notoriety
PC to Mac wireless connection

I am trying [without success] to wirelessly connect my PC to my Mac. I have no problem connecting my Mac to my PC, it very simple just type in the IP address of the PC and bingo there are all the files that have shared access on th ePC BUT to go th eother way is a nightmare. On my PC I've tried going to My Network Places then clicking Add Network Place then following the wizard, but to no avail. If anyone could assist in this process ie what do I enter in the Internet or Network address field I would be very grateful.

H56
Harry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2007, 17:28   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: PC to Mac wireless connection

On the mac (assuming you are running X) go to apple-> system preferences-> sharing.

make sure you have windows sharing ticked, and when it is highlighted it will show the address to use to access the files on the mac. It is in the format

\\computer name\mac user name\

Also make sure that on the mac, if you have the firewall on, then it allows windows file sharing.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 20:37   #3
Harry56
Inactive

Harry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notoriety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
On the mac (assuming you are running X) go to apple-> system preferences-> sharing.

make sure you have windows sharing ticked, and when it is highlighted it will show the address to use to access the files on the mac. It is in the format

Also make sure that on the mac, if you have the firewall on, then it allows windows file sharing.
It's wonderful when you know how isn't it

Many thanks Chris
H56

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

As before thanks Chris, that works fine for XP (which is on my PC) but Vista is a totally different animal so I don't suppose you know what to do when I have to use Vista which is on my new laptop?

H56
Harry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 21:30   #4
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

hmm having never used Vista i couldn't tell you... Google found this though which may help?
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote