Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | have i been sent the right hub for 30mb or 50 mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

50 Meg 3.75Mb upload issue

Old 05-02-2011, 09:02   #1
xx.Morph.xx
Inactive

Services: VIP-50
xx.Morph.xx is an unknown quantity at this point
50 Meg 3.75Mb upload issue

Sorry if this has been covered already but I havn't spotted if it has.

I have had the 50 Meg upstream increase for some weeks now but it has never gone above 3.75Mb & I recall some others hitting the same speed wall also.

Has there ever been an answer to why this is ?
xx.Morph.xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: 50 Meg 3.75Mb upload issue

Yes it has, in a way. See here
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20   #3
xx.Morph.xx
Inactive

Cheers for that pip, just checked modem stats & have the same mini-slot value as 1.
Is it worth a call to the 50Meg team or do you think I should just post on the other forum?

Again many thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Give the team a call. Don't expect a quick fix though.

A lot of areas seem to have the same problem and the post I linked to seems to suggest the settings at the UBR/hubsite aren't quite correct.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:34   #5
xx.Morph.xx
Inactive

OK will do, Cheers
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Stick it on the end of the thread that's on the community forum so that it gets looked into, as Mark should be able to raise it directly with the team that can resolve it

Remember to provide details of where you are

(although may be Mon/Tues before it does due to system upgrades this weekend)
Old 05-02-2011, 21:15   #7
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I caught up on seph's issue.

If seph had a superhub he wouldnt have diagnosed this, because that has dumbed down the docsis info compared to the 50meg SACM. Doesn't show mini slot info. So this is a good example of giving end user's the tools to diagnose.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 21:43   #8
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I caught up on seph's issue.

If seph had a superhub he wouldnt have diagnosed this, because that has dumbed down the docsis info compared to the 50meg SACM. Doesn't show mini slot info. So this is a good example of giving end user's the tools to diagnose.
Too right, Chrys.

That's my next crusade. To get to the bottom of whether certain user visible stats are suppressed intentionally, whether or not they can be turned on etc.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 21:43   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Except the issue was corrected by the network guys quite easily without information from the GUI
Old 05-02-2011, 21:56   #10
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Didn't they disable SNMP a while ago to intentionally supress what info the user could glean from their modem?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 22:00   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Didn't they disable SNMP a while ago to intentionally supress what info the user could glean from their modem?
It has been disabled for a long time and they will not enable it again as the is no requirement for it to accessed by an end user.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 22:18   #12
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Except the issue was corrected by the network guys quite easily without information from the GUI
The "quite easily" took a month or more of complaining!

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It has been disabled for a long time and they will not enable it again as the is no requirement for it to accessed by an end user.
Not accusing you personally, but that is the typical VM arrogance that is intensely annoying to those of us who can make use of SNMP and would like to do so.

Again, VM keeping cards close to the chest lest the savvy user finds out too much, IMO.

Old 05-02-2011, 22:57   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Not accusing you personally, but that is the typical VM arrogance that is intensely annoying to those of us who can make use of SNMP and would like to do so.

Again, VM keeping cards close to the chest lest the savvy user finds out too much, IMO.
It has never been enabled in the time I have been with the company and I doubt that it ever will be and I have seen Iggi post about it many times.
Old 05-02-2011, 23:01   #14
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

When I first got my NTL 20 meg, SNMP was enabled and I used it. Great fun. As you say, Igni's sounded off on this. They disabled it in 2009 I recall.

Old 05-02-2011, 23:03   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
When I first got my NTL 20 meg, SNMP was enabled and I used it. Great fun. As you say, Igni's sounded off on this. They disabled it in 2009 I recall.
Never ever seen it enabled in over 3 years.