Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Own some from last bill is it worth asking?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Own some from last bill is it worth asking?

Old 23-08-2016, 13:56   #1
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Own some from last bill is it worth asking?

We own some money from our July bill and have been cut off.

We have not gone over our credit limit so is it worth calling up and asking to set up a payment plan and if they can turn back on our services?

Are they willing to help or just say no?
love Virgin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2016, 14:03   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Own some from last bill is it worth asking?

Can't you just pay the outstanding amount to get service put back on?
Old 23-08-2016, 14:07   #3
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

You have no credit with Virgin Media.
Bills have to be paid or you get cut off.
The credit limit is there to stop you spending too much on telephone calls or PPV.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 15:07   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Now a restriction is in place it's extremely unlikely you'll persuade VM to turn it off until the payment that triggered it is made.

Any time there is a possibility of payment problems, it's always better to speak to VM before they take action, rather than after!
Old 23-08-2016, 17:24   #5
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Once the services are suspended it's my experience that you have to settle the full outstanding amount. If they roll over a second month's bill whilst your services are suspended you'll only need to settle the original overdue bill. Not the notional additional bill(s).

Once the original bill is cleared then they will credit you for unsupplied services off the next bill.

Best to always pay up in full before the date of the next month's bill. You can stretch it to the day before they make up the next bill rather than the pay by date at the top of your bill, usually without penalty.
Old 23-08-2016, 20:59   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

When my bank started playing silly beggars years ago, they failed to pay the DD.

When my TV service was restricted without warning whilst I was working away from home, I called them up to report the 'fault' upon my return.

When I said that I wanted a refund for services not supplied, I was told that the contract contained a clause whereas they were not obliged to do this. Is this no longer the case?

When I gave him the choice of not having the bill paid and me cancelling all my services V me paying the bill and continuing to subscribe, he suddenly felt "obliged" to do as I had asked.

In a way it was a good thing as I was working away from home unexpectedly for about a month, would not have used the services anyway and obtained a credit on my account
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 21:37   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Why would a company refund you for suspending your access due to none payment??

Every company would do that. you didn't pay and your access to use the service is revoked till you pay up, then you get it back.

It would be like asking for money back from the electrify company as you were on holiday for two weeks and didn't use anything.
Old 24-08-2016, 08:44   #8
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Except that VM keep adding to your bill as if the services were still being supplied even when they're not. Very sharp practice.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:05   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well they are still being supplied, you just can't access them.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:55   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
When I said that I wanted a refund for services not supplied, I was told that the contract contained a clause whereas they were not obliged to do this. Is this no longer the case?
I'm pretty sure that's not the case any more. If services are restricted you should get a credit for services not working between the days between the day the services were restricted and the day payment was made. However you have to pay the full outstanding debt amount and then the credit is then applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Except that VM keep adding to your bill as if the services were still being supplied even when they're not. Very sharp practice.
They keep adding service charges because they normally have no idea when a customer will pay for restricted services.

If they stopped the service charges during restriction, they may have to then apply a charge to the account to cover service charges to the next available bill once the services resumed. As the customer in question is having problems with their balance as it is, this would probably cause some confusion.

Last edited by BenMcr; 24-08-2016 at 09:59.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 11:27   #11
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

All sorted now.

Paid what was due so just waiting for services to go back on now.

As a side note why does it take some 12 or so hours to go back on?
love Virgin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 11:47   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

It's a maximum of 12 hours.

TV and Broadbdand normally come on much quicker, but the timescale is given to ensure payments have cleared correctly and all services are back within the timescale.