Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SuperHub reset itself?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SuperHub reset itself?

Old 26-07-2016, 18:16   #1
drive2016
Inactive

drive2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
SuperHub reset itself?

Hi all,

So this morning my sister who was at home trying to use her laptop text me to say that our Virgin SuperHub was asking for a new wireless password, I text her the one it should have been set to and the ID/name of the router but it wasn't connecting, though I had been on my own PC earlier in the morning and experienced no issues, I could connect to the internet fine and so on (though mine is a desktop connected via ethernet). I've got home today and checked and it looks like the router has somehow been factory reset as it had a generic wifi passcode set when I logged in to it and it was set to the generic SuperHub password that you use to log in to the router page (on IP 192.168.0.1)

Has anyone else experienced this issue of their router resetting itself like this? It just makes me a bit wary in terms of how secure it is as I've never actually had this happen before and everything was working last night when people were connected to it wirelessly, and my sister said she hadn't touched the router itself until I told her to try and reboot it, no one else would have touched it either as it's in my room.

Also, I'm checking connected devices now on the router and there is my own PC (on IP 192.168.0.3) and a device with no name (on IP 192.168.0.2), I looked up the MAC code of this random device which listed the vendor as Cisco, I rebooted the router and it's been connected again for the same time the router has been back up since the reboot (about ten minutes). I don't understand if this is the router (which I wouldn't think it is as that is accessible on 192.168.0.1) or something else? And how do I determine what it is if it isn't the router, as there's nothing else connected to it at the moment apart from my own PC. This Cisco device on 192.168.0.2 now actually seems to have disconnected after around 20 minutes and hasn't reconnected since.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Me being stupid there with the other device connected, it was my EE signal booster which is a Cisco device, just checked the information on the bottom of the device and it seems to match up.

Last edited by drive2016; 26-07-2016 at 18:35.
drive2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-07-2016, 19:14   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: SuperHub reset itself?

Yeah the sh1 does that
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 20:37   #3
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

My SH1 did a reset and it was replaced with a SH2 and all is now fine.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 20:37   #4
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Thats one hell of a reset it managed.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 21:23   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Haha
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote