Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All VMNG300 modems disconnected without any warning

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

All VMNG300 modems disconnected without any warning

Old 21-07-2016, 21:04   #16
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: All VMNG300 modems disconnected without any warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancesphere View Post
I'm using the VMNG300 modem and my connection is still working fine?

I would be surprised if Virgin did cut off all the VMNG300s without giving at least one warning to all their customers.

They may have operated like that in the past, but I don't think they do now. Not least because they can't afford to risk losing that many customers. OK, I don't know how many VMNGs there are still out there, but no company wants to risk winding up large groups of their customers..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2016, 23:17   #17
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: All VMNG300 modems disconnected without any warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by trine View Post
The only alternative was to use a new super hub router/modem which uses 3 time the electric power than my modem with no advantage to me.
Rubbish! The power supply does not equal the power useage!

A modem like your Ambit (e.g. Ambit 256 U10C018) uses 5W and most cable gateways (like the Superhub1/2/2ac) use around 8W. 10W if you have wifi enabled and active.

Just use it in modem mode.

Gateways similar to the Hub 3 use 8W standby and 16W when fully active with wifi and telephony. In modem mode (without telephony) it'll probably be around 10W.

Still nothing compared to most appliances.

http://www.tpcdb.com/list.php?page=1...cturer&type=30
https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/f...network-IP.pdf

Last edited by MUD_Wizard; 22-07-2016 at 23:20.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote