Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo playing up

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo playing up

Old 24-05-2016, 19:04   #1
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Tivo playing up

-EPG says "to be announced" in some channels
-catch up / on demand unplayable due to stutter
-changing channel takes around 10 - 15 seconds
-rewind / pause unusable. freezes for 10 seconds at a time rendering it useless

So yesterday I phoned VirginMedia, and the lady told me to go to settings and connections and force an update through and restart box (despite having restarted 3 times already). I was told that this was the problem and that the epg info would filter through sometime in the next 45 minutes to 4 hours. I was told that next time I have a stutter on the tv, a restart would be the cure.

Today, the problems not only remain but have got worse.

What's next? Phoning VirginMedia obviously doesn't help.

Thanks
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2016, 22:50   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Tivo playing up

You could try a "Clear Programme Info & Planned Recs", but I'm not very hopeful. I suspect your box is on the way out.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 17:36   #3
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them

I had similar issues with the EPG a while back and eventually ended up with a new box.
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 21:02   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Yesterday the slowness of TiVo extended to playback, FF & rewind too.

Usually, once, you managed to get into a recording there were no issues.

Also, for some reason, some HD programmes dont go into the HD folder.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 21:19   #5
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Also, for some reason, some HD programmes dont go into the HD folder.
As you were advised on another post if the broadcaster doesn't mark it as HD it won't go in the HD folder
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 03:37   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
As you were advised on another post if the broadcaster doesn't mark it as HD it won't go in the HD folder
Thanks- I'll take a look at that.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 13:50   #7
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

The Tivo had packed in. I phoned them again, and finally managed to convince them that I wasn't lying. Engineer visited and decided it needed replacing within about 7 seconds.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote