Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What will my speed be?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What will my speed be?

Old 06-05-2016, 19:19   #1
cpomd
Inactive

cpomd is an unknown quantity at this point
What will my speed be?

Long term user promised BB increase from 100Mbs to 150Mbs and still waiting.
looking through the forum it looks like there is no 150Mbs available? Am I Right?
cpomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2016, 19:48   #2
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road
Re: What will my speed be?

Existing customers go to 70/150/200.

New customers (or customers that have re-negotiated a new 12 month contract) only have the option of 50/100/200.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 20:32   #3
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

...and existing customers who haven't recontracted or had the free upgrade are on 50/100/152 and some even older speeds.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:05   #4
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomd View Post
Long term user promised BB increase from 100Mbs to 150Mbs and still waiting.
looking through the forum it looks like there is no 150Mbs available? Am I Right?
I've recently availed of the free upgrade to 150mbs including an upgrade of the modem from superhub one to superhub two. I now have a rock steady in excess of 150 even on WiFi. I use the superhub two as a modem only as I have my own Asus router. Very happy indeed.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:57   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomd View Post
Am I Right?
whack your postcode in here and see what it says
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 13:55   #6
cpomd
Inactive

cpomd is an unknown quantity at this point

THanks for the replies. I checked on VMs site and discovered that despite the fanfare which started last year and the raised expectancy i can expect to be contacted between November 2016 and April 2017 unless there are any further delays!!
cpomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 14:55   #7
Wallace
cf.addict

Services: VM 200M
Wallace is on a distinguished roadWallace is on a distinguished road

I will just be happy to get the speed i pay for. In the evenings I only get 12M tops on the 152M package.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 14:16   #8
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

I've been upgraded from 50Mb>70Mb since a few months, but I'm now mulling over a retentions offer for Big Kahuna that includes, among other things, an uplift to 100Mb.

The speed isn't a big factor in the offer, and 70Mb is more than sufficient. But I can anyone say whether that 70Mb is "pre" upgrade or "including" upgrade? Just curious really.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 15:55   #9
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I've been upgraded from 50Mb>70Mb since a few months, but I'm now mulling over a retentions offer for Big Kahuna that includes, among other things, an uplift to 100Mb.

The speed isn't a big factor in the offer, and 70Mb is more than sufficient. But I can anyone say whether that 70Mb is "pre" upgrade or "including" upgrade? Just curious really.
I presume you are asking about the 100Mb, not the 70Mb.
All broadband in new contracts is ineligible for free upgrades. They are contracted on the current product range, 50Mb, 100Mb, 200Mb and 300Mb with Homeworks, which are ineligible.
Old 12-05-2016, 17:05   #10
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I presume you are asking about the 100Mb, not the 70Mb.
All broadband in new contracts is ineligible for free upgrades. They are contracted on the current product range, 50Mb, 100Mb, 200Mb and 300Mb with Homeworks, which are ineligible.
Yes you're right, I meant the 100Mb not 70. So as I understand it, there's almost 2 sets of speeds now - "legacy with upgrade" and "current" and I'd be moving from "legacy upgraded" to what looks to be the Vivid-100?

Sorry for what might be a basic question, I know this was discussed at length a while ago but I can't find the thread.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 18:07   #11
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Yes, you are correct.