Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Illegal downloading officially classed as a sin.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Illegal downloading officially classed as a sin.

Old 09-05-2016, 19:46   #61
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
After indicating that you were going to withdraw from this discussion, you have contributed a fourth time to a thread that you believe to be "ridiculous"; the vast majority of which has been nothing more than rudeness.

If you have a problem with the content or placement of this thread, you have been advised to go through the correct channels.

You won't do this though, because it is clear that this harassment is not borne out of any true concern about the above, but out of a desire to discriminate against minority groups*.

*Note to other readers: Some years ago after I 'came out' as being disabled, I faced problems from a minority of members. It appears that this individual is the only one not prepared to move forward with a positive outlook.
*sigh* and this "individual" has never bought up or used your disability (not that I even knew ) against you, nor am I interested (to be honest no one else is either)

I would point out however being disabled doesn't give you a free pass to be rude to myself or others, something you have failed to address to me over the last year and continue to bait me via other means. Nor does it give you a pass to extenuate the truth/lie which I gave pulled you up on previously.

I am however prepared to be the grown up here and accept your apology for the good of this forum
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2016, 23:08   #62
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Illegal downloading officially classed as a sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Dear thread: Off to current affairs or lifestyle with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I have to agree with Ignitionnet; this thread has developed into something that has nothing to do with VM TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
This thread has never been about VM TV so hasn't developed into anything.

It should never have been posted in the VM TV forum to begin with.
In reponse to Igni and passingbat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
Absolutely agree! What a load of tosh, blimey I'm glad I don't illegally stream,
so I won't burn in hell for that, just have to get past the fact I'm as far as some are concerned that me
being gay is also a sin, do I care, nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
Exactly what I thought and that's having a go at anyone. Should have been in the Internet
section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Let's close this thread now. It has nothing to do with Virgin Media and religion is a highly contentious subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Utter ridiculous thread to start with and serves nothing more than to stir and antagonise
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
What the hell is this thread meant to be about, if anyone knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
It's got a little out of hand, I think. But I suppose it's a debate. Totally nothing to do with VirginMedia!.
It's certainly touched a few nerves.
Quote:
But not that ridiculous that you chose to not only enter it, but comment too (not that your ironic contribution added anything meaningful or pleasant to the conversation).

You may wish to avoid threads that you believe to be ridiculous in the future, as opposed to trying to derail them.

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:25 ----------

With hindsight it may have been put into the wrong section, i'm sure that admin will move it if they think this is necessary.

I don't think it's got out of hand, I've found the legitimate responses interesting to read.

Quote:
With a bit of foresight you may have realised that it has nothing whatsoever to do with
the VM TV service. Even the title of your thread was a big clue for you.
In response to your post above

Quote:
What sanctimonious rudeness.

If the placement of this thread affects you to any serious degree, I suggest that you go through the correct
channels instead of resorting to this sort of behaviour.
I do not consider myself "sanctmonious" nor rude but that is your perspective.

Quote:
*Note to other readers: Some years ago after I 'came out' as being disabled, I faced problems from a minority of members. It appears that this individual is the only one not prepared to move forward with a positive outlook.
You have never had a problem from me regarding your disability as I was never aware you had one. Why you feel the need to highlight it only you know. I have no problem with anyone with a disability (ask my good friend of 16 years who at 54 and suffering from cereabral palsey all his life will testify) also all my friends in the LBGT group you seem to be "coming out" with.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 23:37   #63
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
In reponse to Igni and passingbat.

In response to your post above

I do not consider myself "sanctmonious" nor rude but that is your perspective.

You have never had a problem from me regarding your disability as I was never aware you had one. Why you feel the need to highlight it only you know. I have no problem with anyone with a disability (ask my good friend of 16 years who at 54 and suffering from cereabral palsey all his life will testify) also all my friends in the LBGT group you seem to be "coming out" with.
Sorry, I don't get your point. Three members of the cable forum team have participated in this thread and so far have decided not to move it. There decision is good enough for me.

I guess the streaming aspect of TV and Film mentioned in the original post links it to the TV side of things?

The genuine responses have been very well natured. It's the input from people who don't want the thread, or who think it is in the wrong section that have caused unpleasantness IMHO.

Surely, if you don't like a particular thread, just don't read it or participate in it.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 23:39   #64
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Thread moved to a more relevant section. I also suggest that everyone calms down and stays polite or it will be closed.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:11   #65
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Couple of thoughts
1)Religion is often the "excuse" for wars and conflicts.
2)The Bible is a bit more difficult about copyright and the like. I believe the text of some versions is now, if not free of copyright, available for free but all versions we have in English are the result of lots of hard work translating and interpreting so are covered by copyright. Even KJV and other versions if printed, then that printing can still be in copyright. (You can substitute other languages for English above.)
Old 10-05-2016, 12:00   #66
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Couple of thoughts
1)Religion is often the "excuse" for wars and conflicts.
2)The Bible is a bit more difficult about copyright and the like. I believe the text of some versions is now, if not free of copyright, available for free but all versions we have in English are the result of lots of hard work translating and interpreting so are covered by copyright. Even KJV and other versions if printed, then that printing can still be in copyright. (You can substitute other languages for English above.)
You could be right about printed versions. Fortunately this thread is about streaming and this site has multiple versions legitimately accessible, free of charge.

https://www.biblegateway.com/

Re the printed version, I doubt that any true Christian publisher would object to someone who genuinely couldn't afford to buy a copy, making a copy of someone else's Bible.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 13:21   #67
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Up until now I had never thought about any copyright issues with the bible!
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 21:45   #68
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

There are 2 reasons for war.

1) Land

2) Religion
Old 11-05-2016, 08:21   #69
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

1) Land

2) Religion
Add a couple more:

3) Oil.

4) Water.
Old 13-05-2016, 11:04   #70
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

1) Land

2) Religion
The first of those can probably be changed to 'Resources'. The second is usually an excuse to behave like genocidal asshats more than a reason in and of itself.

That said I suspect people would respect life far more, their own and those of others, if they didn't believe there was some paradise waiting for them at the end of it. Take away the idea of paradise in return for jihad and the suicide bomber count would swiftly drop to near-zero I imagine.

Most things sadly have upsides and downsides. Some draw great comfort and strength from faith, others use it to justify being inhuman.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote