Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Frustrating blueyonder Email Account Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Frustrating blueyonder Email Account Problem

Old 03-05-2016, 11:38   #1
jdaglish
Inactive

jdaglish is on a distinguished roadjdaglish is on a distinguished road
Frustrating blueyonder Email Account Problem

This is a slightly convoluted problem and I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on how the virgin media accounts are linked to email addresses (I've mangled all relevant usernames/emails to show the difference between the two accounts - one starts with j, the other r)

My dad initially subscribed to blueyonder for cable internet and tv in what was probably the 90s. He didn't use the internet much so I used the "main" email address that was provided (jd@by). I did set him up with an email address under the "other accounts" option (rd@by).

This was all fine while until my dad starting using his email (and the internet in general) a lot more.

After the change-over to virgin media, he somehow in one of his conversations with them asked for his email address to be set to the "main" account - under My Profile in the Virgin Media site, the username is rd@by, but the Virgin Media email address is jd@by

This means that when logging into webmail using rd it shows the jd emails. What is now strange is that the rd@by email address has disappeared from the other "other email accounts" section.

The rd mailbox still exists as we can still send and receive email from it (although currently only on my dad's ipad which seems to have some magic settings)

For whatever reason, whenever my dad contacts virgin media support they change the password for his Virgin Media account (which sometimes also changes the rd@by email account and sometimes doesn't)

At the moment we can access the jd@by EMAIL account using the password for the rd@by VIRGIN MEDIA account, but cannot change the rd@by EMAIL account password (and the people on the other end of the support lines don't seem to understand this either)

My dad has spent hours and hours on phone support this week sadly (while I've been on holiday) and it's just resulted in multiple changes of passwords

Does this make sense to anyone and can anything be done?
jdaglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2016, 11:51   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Frustrating blueyonder Email Account Problem

Email the CEO @ tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk explaining your problem then someone should get back to you and hopefully help you out. I did this when a customer adviser (from a non UK call center) removed my mobile account after I got locked out, I think she could not understand me and me her so in the end after many calls and receiving the same reply sorry we can't help then after my email to the CEO my problem was soon solved.

Ps If this is your actual email address that you have posted may I suggest you replace it to something like xxxxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk as it is never a good idea to post your email address for public viewing in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2016, 18:33   #3
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: Frustrating blueyonder Email Account Problem

Sounds like they've just added his address as the main and kept the old one as an alias.

Maybe create a new mailbox and ask them to transfer that alias to the new one?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote