Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT openreach 18 month fixed term contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT openreach 18 month fixed term contract

Old 17-11-2015, 14:23   #1
york14
Inactive

york14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy BT openreach 18 month fixed term contract

Afternoon All
Im Mark i am in urgent need of some advice if possible.
I went and past my BT openreach interview for a permanent engineers job.
I have been offered a 18 month fixed term contract.
My question is, will openreach make me permanent in those 18 months or will they release me when the contract ends?
The manager taking the interview told me it doesn't matter what contract is offered its a back office paper exercise. The HR guy told me its a probation for 18 months and i could be released.
So im abit confused. My notice needs handing in ASAP at my current employer. But i dont want to be out of work in 18 months.
Thanks for your time.
york14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2015, 19:29   #2
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all
Re: BT openreach 18 month fixed term contract

If you are a grafter I wouldn't think you'd have much to worry about, however if you are someone who wants to go on the sick and play the system (as some do, not saying you are personally), well in 18 months time you should probably expect to be leaving them I would assume ;-)
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote