Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | tivo box and recordings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

tivo box and recordings

Old 07-07-2015, 10:58   #1
iTekweni
cf.addict

iTekweni can only hope to improve
Angry tivo box and recordings

Hi al I searched forum for my problem but could not find the answer to it so here goes: my tivo box for some reason is recording programs without it being planned and its puzzling because I have removed all programs from the suggestion part of tivo recording and have given nearly all the channel the most thumbs down but still no joy...its as if there is a ghost causing this because you are watching say football and all of a sudden the record light comes on and when I check its recordin random programs which have not been planned and it is always 2 similtaneous recording of different channels.

Its annoying because if you do not check daily you soon run out of space on the hard drive so please can someone come up with a solution to stop these ghost recordings taking place......thanks in advance
iTekweni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: tivo box and recordings

Have you actually gone into settings and turned off the record suggestions when there is space setting? If not, then try that. If you have, then maybe a call to Virgin is needed. Also, check series links (I know you said random recordings but if you have a wish list with just one word you might be getting some of these random recordings as part of that wish list).

After that, no idea.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:36   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Have you actually gone into settings and turned off the record suggestions when there is space setting? If not, then try that. If you have, then maybe a call to Virgin is needed. Also, check series links (I know you said random recordings but if you have a wish list with just one word you might be getting some of these random recordings as part of that wish list).

After that, no idea.
Yes, I think the suggestions have not been de-selected under settings; that should do it.

Also to the OP, you should note that the recordings in 'Suggestions' do not affect your own recordings. If space runs out, it is the suggestions that are first to go.

The percentage remaining that is indicated is also unaffected by the Suggestions folder contents.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 14:44   #4
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The annoying thing is where there is just that 1 in 100 recorded suggestions that you actually would like to watch. Then there are the baffling ones, eg News when there are 24hr news channels, overnight gambling ones where there is no point recording them as you need to watch them live.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 00:07   #5
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

I just go thru them and delete most of the suggestions
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:24   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
I just go thru them and delete most of the suggestions
But you don't have to delete them! They will be deleted automatically after a while, and certainly by the time your box gets full.

I don't think the thumbs work any more, but this was a good feature when the boxes first came out. Now the suggestions seem completely random!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:26   #7
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Reset the box! turn off suggestions.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 13:50   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Reset the box! turn off suggestions.
I don't see the point of turning off suggestions! It'll make no difference to the capacity of your hard drive to take your own recordings and if you are stuck for something to watch, you are likely to find at least some suitable viewing in there as well as the dross.

In any case, if you don't want to see the suggestions, just don't open the folder!!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:41   #9
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't see the point of turning off suggestions! It'll make no difference to the capacity of your hard drive to take your own recordings and if you are stuck for something to watch, you are likely to find at least some suitable viewing in there as well as the dross.

In any case, if you don't want to see the suggestions, just don't open the folder!!
I had a series 1 TiVo. Suggests are not working as they did before. I'd turn them off and change the power saving settings to reflect this, why pay an extra £20 in electricity costs to keep the box on all the time for a feature VM have killed.
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:19   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
I had a series 1 TiVo. Suggests are not working as they did before. I'd turn them off and change the power saving settings to reflect this, why pay an extra £20 in electricity costs to keep the box on all the time for a feature VM have killed.
Well, I suppose you have a point there!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:36   #11
iTekweni
cf.addict

iTekweni can only hope to improve

Morning sorry for late response and to let you know I went into setting and unticked a box about suggestions and so far no unwanted recordings so thanks for all the input
iTekweni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:45   #12
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Glad it worked.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote