Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] The UK votes to leave the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] The UK votes to leave the EU
Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2016, 20:11   #3826
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: [Update] The UK votes to leave the EU

The cowardly sniping reminds me to thank the ignore list.

Let me make this clear: Leave won. Remain lost.

As soon as Leave won, I was one of the first to post congratulations.

However, when it is clear beyond doubt that the Leave campaign lied:

Eight reasons Leave won the UK's referendum on the EU

Quote:
2. £350m NHS claim gets traction

The assertion that leaving the EU would free up £350m a week extra to spend on the NHS is the kind of political slogan that campaigns dream of: striking, easy to understand and attractive to voters of different ages and political persuasions.

No surprise then that Vote Leave chose to splash it across the side of their battle bus.
The fact that the claim does not stand up to much scrutiny - the figure is calculated using sums which were disputed by the Treasury Select Committee and described as potentially misleading by the UK Statistics Authority - did not reduce its potency.

Remain campaigner Angela Eagle may have told her opponents to "get that lie off your bus" but polling suggests it gained traction and was the single most remembered figure from the campaign, with many people believing that money handed over to the EU to be a member should be spent in the UK instead.

In that sense, it served as a powerful illustration of how the UK could be better off outside the EU.
What I had hoped for was that someone would do the decent thing and admit so much.

It seems not. I had expected more but I guess if you expect nothing, you won't get disappointed.

I am now going to get very drunk
Old 24-06-2016, 20:14   #3827
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The EU don't seem to want to wait for us to invoke article 50.
We will ork to our timetable not theirs.
Old 24-06-2016, 20:16   #3828
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
Good, once invoked it's irreversible... Rules out a second referendum. They will want to send out a message to any other "member states" thinking about referendum. An also why should the EU be left with the state of instability whilst we decide when we wish to leave. Get the process started!
It's amazing what a slap in the face does eh? The tectonically slow EU all of a sudden wants to get things done in a hurry. Maybe they should have tried that before the referendum...
Old 24-06-2016, 20:16   #3829
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
The cowardly sniping reminds me to thank the ignore list.

Let me make this clear: Leave won. Remain lost.

As soon as Leave won, I was one of the first to post congratulations.

However, when it is clear beyond doubt that the Leave campaign lied:

Eight reasons Leave won the UK's referendum on the EU

What I had hoped for was that someone would do the decent thing and admit so much.

It seems not. I had expected more but I guess if you expect nothing, you won't get disappointed.

I am now going to get very drunk
The £350M issue was resolved and corrected way before the end of the debate.
Old 24-06-2016, 20:33   #3830
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
No 75% of those 18-24 year olds WHO VOTED voted in. Not 75% of all 18-24 year olds. The turn out in the age group is appearing to be very very low!
its about 34% turn out i think[ if i'm wrong lets not any one go to war over it

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
It's amazing what a slap in the face does eh? The tectonically slow EU all of a sudden wants to get things done in a hurry. Maybe they should have tried that before the referendum...
maybe they don't want sturgeons followers to get a chance of getting back in
Old 24-06-2016, 20:42   #3831
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
We will ork to our timetable not theirs.
I agree, one should always ork to our time and not ork to theirs.
Old 24-06-2016, 20:44   #3832
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
The EU only want Article 50 invoked ASAP so as to give them control,once that is invoked they can then take their sweet time ,even extend the 2 year deadline should they wish

Old 24-06-2016, 20:55   #3833
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The EU only want Article 50 invoked ASAP so as to give them control,once that is invoked they can then take their sweet time ,even extend the 2 year deadline should they wish
Nope, if no agreement is reached within the 2 years we will be automatically removed from the EU. We can just leave tomorrow aswell if we want- but that is a nightmare situation no one wants.

Old 24-06-2016, 21:09   #3834
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Nope, if no agreement is reached within the 2 years we will be automatically removed from the EU. We can just leave tomorrow aswell if we want- but that is a nightmare situation no one wants.
Wrong ,if all states agree the negotiation can be extended beyond the 2 years and why is leaving by not using article 50 a nightmare situation that nobody wants ? Invoking article 50 means that we will still be subject to all EU laws and conduct EU business as normal including handing over money.

Old 24-06-2016, 21:14   #3835
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This is a good article: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ty-westminster

Anyone think we should have another thread? I might rename the other one about Article 50 to put all post-Brexit reaction there.
Old 24-06-2016, 21:22   #3836
martyh

Quote:

Anyone think we should have another thread? I might rename the other one about Article 50 to put all post-Brexit reaction there.
Good idea

Old 24-06-2016, 21:26   #3837
RBMark

Quote:

It's true, if you're rich own a company, like cheap labour to exploit you voted in. If you're not wealthy but getting by on a decent to low wage you vote out!

Old 24-06-2016, 21:31   #3838
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Old 24-06-2016, 21:31   #3839
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Good idea
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...it-thread.html

Locked. Move to new thread etc...
Closed Thread