Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Permission / Decking & Porch

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Permission / Decking & Porch

Old 28-04-2015, 19:42   #16
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Permission / Decking & Porch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
Grey area, agreements, policies aside, it all boils down to a simple council officer who was having a bad day and decided to throw the regulations at me, over something that i was well within my rights to discuss.

I think its a bit over the top to say that i could do what i like when its clear what i have done. I mean this is a technicality at most, even if i do need permission, its hardly something like a new house im building. Perfect example of why this world is the way it is today, you cant do anything unless it involves solicitors.
Actually you can do this without a solicitor.

I am suggesting you go see one, because you (presumably) have a copy of your tenancy agreement, yet you don't seem able to understand it.

If it were me, I would have read the whole thing from front to back by now, established exactly what I could, or could not, build in my garden without permission from the Housing Association, and then proceeded accordingly.

Sadly, you seem to have come on this forum with a set of pre-conceptions about your rights and have hoped everyone will just tell you how right you are, and how rotten the HA is being to you.

Well, they might be being rotten and unfair, or they might be being perfectly reasonable and acting within the terms of the tenancy agreement they have made with you. Only you can answer that, by actually reading the agreement, or, if you don't understand it, by getting someone else to read it for you - that would either be someone from the CAB, or a solicitor.

To be perfectly frank, you've already chucked five grand at your back garden, I can't see how you can be short of the dosh to buy an hour of a lawyer's time.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2015, 19:48   #17
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Not being snobby at all so sorry if it seemed that way. I lived in rented properties for years but never spent any money on them, I can see if your going to be there permanently it could make sense but surely it would be worth putting that £5000 away towards a property you could do what the hell you wanted with (within reason) without all the red tape, is a council house, HA house really that much cheaper to rent ?
Old 28-04-2015, 20:59   #18
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

What about 1/2hr free time with a solicitor?
My daughter having marital problems found 1/2hr eased her mind!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote