Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New increase for SKY Sports

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New increase for SKY Sports

Old 22-04-2015, 12:59   #1
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
New increase for SKY Sports

Had a letter today, saying that from June 1, the cost of SKY Sports is going up by £2 a month. It says that unfortunately because of SKY charging Virgin more for the channel, they need to pass the cost on to customers. Will scan the letter soon and post it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2015, 13:03   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: New increase for SKY Sports

Plenty of prices rise these past few months for customers but sadly nowt else but thankfully we have a deal until next year.
Old 22-04-2015, 13:24   #3
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Well they gotta find that £5 billion+ money they paid for the football rights.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 20:34   #4
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I have the Sky Sports 12 months for £19 offer, i got the letter phoned them and they said it would not affect me good i have 10 months left on it.
Old 24-04-2015, 00:14   #5
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

be cancelling here at end of current football season
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 07:31   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
be cancelling here at end of current football season
Cancelling at the end of the Super league season and for next season i already have an alternative planned and ready to go.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 07:53   #7
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Well, expect more of these I'm afraid:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/0...0NC0G520150421

Pay-TV group Sky (SKYB.L) believes its customers will accept higher prices, it said on Tuesday after reporting a 20 percent jump in nine-month profit, sending its shares to a 14-year high.

Apparently churn rates are lower than expected, so while CF is full of people complaining about price rises, it seems in the wider market people are accepting them. Of course Sky are openly saying this to investors because it helps their bottom line but I'm not sure they want to be seen as this brazen with their customer base when it comes to their price structure.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 08:06   #8
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well its seems for many Sky customers staying in is the new going out as it seems they are prepared to pay the going rate for Sky's entertainment channels.

The thing is especially for sports fans is if you compare going to a sports event these days the prices are astronomical in many cases and are getting worse and the pub ain't that much cheaper either thus many still see the sports channels as reasonably good value compared to that and it is all in the comfort of their own home without any of the hassle apart from a telling off from the partner.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:00   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well its seems for many Sky customers staying in is the new going out as it seems they are prepared to pay the going rate for Sky's entertainment channels.

The thing is especially for sports fans is if you compare going to a sports event these days the prices are astronomical in many cases and are getting worse and the pub ain't that much cheaper either thus many still see the sports channels as reasonably good value compared to that and it is all in the comfort of their own home without any of the hassle apart from a telling off from the partner.
From what i have been told Sky sports Sky Movies AND Sky Entertainment prices are going up. The amount sky paid for the football is obscene and those who don't watch the Andrex league (very soft and very expensive) are paying for it.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 18:34   #10
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Well, expect more of these I'm afraid:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/0...0NC0G520150421

Pay-TV group Sky (SKYB.L) believes its customers will accept higher prices, it said on Tuesday after reporting a 20 percent jump in nine-month profit, sending its shares to a 14-year high.

Apparently churn rates are lower than expected, so while CF is full of people complaining about price rises, it seems in the wider market people are accepting them. Of course Sky are openly saying this to investors because it helps their bottom line but I'm not sure they want to be seen as this brazen with their customer base when it comes to their price structure.

Those churn rates are only being achieved through cut price deals though, 50 / 75 % off to retain customers, I've benefited 3 years from these offers and also by counting Now TV as a Sky customer.

How many Sky sports subscribers who are paying higher prices have found out yet that Champions league will not be there next season.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 16:32   #11
weststandguy
Inactive

weststandguy is a glorious beacon of lightweststandguy is a glorious beacon of lightweststandguy is a glorious beacon of lightweststandguy is a glorious beacon of lightweststandguy is a glorious beacon of lightweststandguy is a glorious beacon of lightweststandguy is a glorious beacon of light

I had the letter regarding the increase Friday morning,then on Friday evening got a phone call informing me I'm getting twelve month £10pcm loyalty discount on my premium channels effective from my next bill.
weststandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 17:39   #12
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

glad it doesn't affect me as Villa are hardly on Sky