Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How do I get the new Virgin Media Super Hub?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How do I get the new Virgin Media Super Hub?

Old 30-03-2015, 10:46   #1
johnholmes
Inactive

johnholmes is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I get the new Virgin Media Super Hub?

How do existing customers get the SuperHub 2ac?

This seems to say existing customers can buy the SuperHub 2ac?

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable

Please could somebody tell me how much Virgin Media charge existing customers to get the SuperHub 2ac?

It looks good:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...e-fastest.html

Comments on ISP Review website suggest the SuperHub 2ac is still a bit buggy? Is that accurate?

Many thanks for any help.
johnholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2015, 10:49   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: How do I get the new Virgin Media Super Hub?

Back in the NTL days I believe standard procedure for getting a new modem was to pour coffee over the old one.

*do not try this at home*
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 11:00   #3
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are still some bugs that should have been sorted but ain't I'd hang off getting one ATM
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 11:13   #4
Exorcist74
Inactive

Services: 60Mb cable and basic package
Exorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
There are still some bugs that should have been sorted but ain't I'd hang off getting one ATM
Win the lottery its quicker
Exorcist74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 15:16   #5
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnholmes View Post
How do existing customers get the SuperHub 2ac?

This seems to say existing customers can buy the SuperHub 2ac?

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable

Please could somebody tell me how much Virgin Media charge existing customers to get the SuperHub 2ac?

It looks good:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...e-fastest.html

Comments on ISP Review website suggest the SuperHub 2ac is still a bit buggy? Is that accurate?

Many thanks for any help.
Don't bother. Even if the SH2Ac was perfect, what you'd have to pay would get you most of the way towards a standalone router, which would be even better.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 21:25   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I disagree, the sh2 meets all my needs
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 22:44   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

As Kush said, if you want an ac router you would be better buying a proper one which you know is going to work. VM are terrible when it comes to bug fixing, they just like to get something out there to market ("the most advanced router yet with unbeatable wireless performance") and then spend the next 3 years trying to fix the bugs.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 09:05   #8
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
It's not so much about meeting needs, it's more about what you'd have to pay Virgin to get a device that you don't even own vs what you'd get if you bought a proper router. Same price, but the latter would be better and you can take it with you if you switch ISPs, resell it, etc.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:05   #9
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

A sh2 for £20 with lifetime Warrenty vs a £70 Asus?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 10:26   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
At the moment. What if you move ISP? Not all ISPs are providing 802.11AC routers yet.

Personally, I had a lot of trouble with my SH (wireless would just fail for no readily apparent reason), so I switched to modem mode, got myself a decent router (Linksys e4200). I had a couple of years of good service (way faster and more reliable than the SH), but eventually the Linksys started to fail. Replaced that with a Netgear Nighthawk R7500, router which, to be frank, is hideously ugly, but stupidly fast, even with multiple devices attached. Probably something to do with the 1.4GHz dual core CPU and the support of 4 streams.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 14:17   #11
Kushan

Quote:
A sh2 for £20 with lifetime Warrenty vs a £70 Asus?
There are pros and cons to both and it will come down to personal opinion. I liek that I can take my router with me, without having to worry about reconfiguring my entire network. I have a lot of specific ports routed and that kind of thing, so my case may differ from yours or anyone else's. I like that if I need a replacement hub, again, I don't need to reconfigure my network. The hub will eventually need replacing or upgrading but I suppose you could argue that your router will as well but at least when that happens, I can sell the router for money off the upgrade.

Different strokes.