Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Series Link spanning different channels?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Series Link spanning different channels?

Old 31-01-2015, 10:38   #1
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all
Question Series Link spanning different channels?

Hi,

I've just switched over to Tivo from Windows Media Centre and am going through transferring the recording schedule when a question has arisen.

How can I either set up a series link that spans multiple channels or multiple series links for the same show?

My wife will record & watch both new episodes and repeats of Silent Witness, which is shown on BBC1, Alibi and Drama. On the Tivo I only seem able to set one series link for the show, and only on one channel - which isn't what I want.

In WMC I'd be able to set up a recording schedule either way - one schedule that spans all channels or multiple schedules that target the same programme.

BTW, if it makes a difference, as the wife is watching TV at the moment (old recordings on WMC) I'm using the website to set the schedule.

Thanks.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2015, 10:55   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Series Link spanning different channels?

Wishlist?

http://store.virginmedia.com/discove...wishlists.html
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:57   #3
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

Thanks. When I managed to get some messing around time on the TV last night, I found that on the Tivo itself it is possible to have multiple series links for the same programme. So, I've been able to set up three schedules, one for each channel. Not quite as elegant as a single schedule covering all channels, but it'll do.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:03   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

A wishlist would solve having 3 different series links though. It would record every episode across all 3 channels. But Drama doesn't have an HD variant, so make sure not to select HD only.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote