Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How Long Can I Watch The Christmas Free View Recordings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How Long Can I Watch The Christmas Free View Recordings

Old 15-12-2014, 09:22   #1
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
How Long Can I Watch The Christmas Free View Recordings

I'm on the M pack and channels like Gold/Alibi/Etc are free until January 2nd.

If I record something from one of those channels now, can I watch it after the free period ends on January 2nd, or will playback of recordings stop on the same date?.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-12-2014, 09:28   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: How Long Can I Watch The Christmas Free View Recordings

I believe you'll still be able to watch them, unlike the Sky premium channels that won't let you watch content after you've unsubscribed.

Try it and see. Fill up your TiVo with the whole of 'Keeping Up Appearances', then if it doesn't work you won't be that disappointed
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 09:33   #3
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, but if I fill it up with things I do want, and it doesn't work, I'll end up very disappointed!.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 10:46   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

You'll still be able to watch them.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 18:09   #5
dibbz
cf.member

dibbz is an unknown quantity at this point

when i recorded movies in HD then turned off the HD pack on my sub...i was unable to watch the recordings

Grab a beer and watch them ASAP and if you dont have time - prioritize your recordings!
dibbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 18:42   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You'll still be able to watch them.
This will be the correct answer to your query Dave. If spider says something about the Tivo then you can be 100% sure the information is correct.
Old 18-12-2014, 21:31   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbz View Post
when i recorded movies in HD then turned off the HD pack on my sub...i was unable to watch the recordings
That's because those are Sky-owned channels. Sky are the only broadcaster to impose this restriction.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 21:49   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The VM forum team are saying recorded programmes won't be available to view after the free period. Willing to bet they are wrong/just guessing and Mr Spiderplant is right.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...t/td-p/2568372
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 20:05   #9
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Some time back Sky movies was free for a week and recordings carried on fine after the period ended on our TiVo. And for quite some time until the box broke.
Old 20-12-2014, 20:22   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That wouldn't happen with Sky recordings now
Old 27-12-2014, 00:51   #11
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
I'm on the M pack and channels like Gold/Alibi/Etc are free until January 2nd.

If I record something from one of those channels now, can I watch it after the free period ends on January 2nd, or will playback of recordings stop on the same date?.

Pay the extra and stop worrying!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 16:38   #12
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Pay the extra and stop worrying!
Order it online via existing customer deals in My Virginmedia and it probably won't even cost any extra to go to M+. It might even be less

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 19:47   #13
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

Well, I recorded some programmes before I decided to downgrade my package, all recordings worked ok even though no longer subscribed (on V+ box and Tivo)
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote