Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do Virgin Media give the most appalling customer service you have ever experienced?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do Virgin Media give the most appalling customer service you have ever experienced?

Old 28-11-2014, 14:58   #16
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough
Re: Do Virgin Media give the most appalling customer service you have ever experience

I have never had a problem with Virgin Media. The worst I have encountered was Orange (now EE) They carried on charging me for a mobile phone contract even when it had been cancelled, and then even refused to acknowledge there was a problem.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2014, 16:59   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Do Virgin Media give the most appalling customer service you have ever experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
EE have gone from "passable" to "utterly shocking" in the space of about a year and a half.
EE and their partners in crime have taken the bottom 3 places in OFCOM's complaints list every year since it was launched... so hardly a new thing.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 17:35   #18
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I've heard some awful horror stories about EE. Interesting that BT and Three are apparently both looking to buy either O2 or EE themselves. The mobile landscape could be flipped upside down in relatively short order.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 19:45   #19
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Wouldn't be a huge change, BT currently have no influence in the mobile market and Three are the smallest player by far, and already sharing a network with EE and serving up very similar propositions - not a whole lot to lose if they departed the market entirely. Then again O2 is quite a strong brand in the mobile market, and yet BT is also a strong brand in the telecoms market so discarding either one would be a huge deal.

We'd be moving from three-and-a-half major operators down to three, which IIRC was deemed as the minimum necessary for a competitive landscape, and only two network grids which IMO is a good thing (I just need to carry two phones instead of 5 phones to ensure I get all the possible coverage...).

3 has been rumoured to be eyeing up a purchase of O2 for a while now, having recently acquired O2 Ireland. IMO the best 'consolidation' takeovers would be 3+EE and O2+BT but of course the people with the money rarely make decisions based on technical merit...

Once again it'd leave Sodafone as the only operator who've kept their original network and name throughout my entire lifetime.
Old 28-11-2014, 21:01   #20
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

It'd be a pretty big change, Three would go from being what, 4th to being the biggest in the market if they bought EE? If BT buy O2, as you say that's not a massive change really as BT aren't really in the market. Still, it would flip it on its head a bit.

Whatever happens, I just hope Three keeps their AYCE packages.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 21:22   #21
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/vodafone-e...e.html#N1WqqBH
Old 29-11-2014, 02:45   #22
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
It'd be a pretty big change, Three would go from being what, 4th to being the biggest in the market if they bought EE? If BT buy O2, as you say that's not a massive change really as BT aren't really in the market. Still, it would flip it on its head a bit.

Whatever happens, I just hope Three keeps their AYCE packages.
Three's AYCE packages already died when they removed the unconditional AYCE part of it so now it's all-you-can-eat-but-only-of-what-we-tell-you-you-can-eat.

Regardless, it's more likely EE would absorb 3's network, not the other way round, with 3 becoming the economy sub-brand of EE or being abandoned completely - no way is EE going to become '3'. Lest we forget we're talking about 3's owner, Hutchison Whampoa taking over EE, not 3. 3 would still be the smallest network, if not disappearing completely, it would not become the largest.

Hutchison Whampoa would go on to be the biggest operator-interest in the UK but this is not their first time, they used to own Orange. Interesting side-fact, Hutchison funny enough also make most of the masts used by O2 and Vodafone. It would be almost fitting, BT going to re-acquire a network they used to own (O2/Cellnet) and Hutchison also buying up a network they used to own (EE/Orange)
Old 29-11-2014, 09:19   #23
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well let us hope all customers get good or excellent customer service..
Old 01-12-2014, 14:01   #24
nefu
cf.member

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V+, XXL phone, several mobiles!
nefu is on a distinguished roadnefu is on a distinguished road

I have had 2 faults recently, both dealt with very well. On the second an engineer arrived with 1 hour of me calling and sorted the problem.
nefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:21   #25
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

No particular complaints about VM or EE customer service, but since T-Mobile's web site merged into EE's, a lot of information has become impossible to find, like policies related to fair use caps.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 14:56   #26
leathertrousers2
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Tivo. 152mb internet.
leathertrousers2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been on cable since 1993 when it was Cable & Wireless, NTL then Virgin and I can tell ya now, never ever had a bad experience with any of 'em. What some people fail to realise is and what bugs me is that because there are bad eggs in any industry then the whole of that company surely must be the same. I consider myself a hard working individual and perfectionist, what annoys me is when I see colleagues acting in a pratish way and someone concludes "you're all the same". We're not all the same, just unfortunately no matter the brand, dicks exist in all walks of life.
leathertrousers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 14:32   #27
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough

I think the customer service is polite and helpful.
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote