Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broadband point question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Broadband point question

Old 26-11-2014, 15:50   #1
Vegeta
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+ HD, 152Mb BB, Superhub 2ac, Talk XL
Vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Broadband point question

Would the installation engineer be able to install the broadband point on the side wall to the right of the small window or do they only drill walls straight?

I have attached pics to show what I mean. Do Virgin Media put those small plastic white boxes over every entry cable entry point in the house?

Installation is tomorrow.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141126_153151406.jpg (840.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141126_153230687.jpg (831.7 KB, 37 views)
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2014, 16:01   #2
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: Broadband point question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Would the installation engineer be able to install the broadband point on the side wall to the right of the small window or do they only drill walls straight?

I have attached pics to show what I mean. Do Virgin Media put those small plastic white boxes over every entry cable entry point in the house?

Installation is tomorrow.

Thanks.
They drilled a hole in the wall were I wanted and yes they sealed the wall entry, all very neat.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 16:33   #3
Vegeta
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+ HD, 152Mb BB, Superhub 2ac, Talk XL
Vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
They drilled a hole in the wall were I wanted and yes they sealed the wall entry, all very neat.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I thought there might be an issue with the VM engineer having to make a hole for the cable in the wall that isn't straight as when I got my BT line installed, I wanted the phone socket in the same place I want the VM broadband wire now and the Openreach engineer said he will only drill straight through the wall.
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 20:10   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I think virgin would only drill straight also, I know I wouldnt do it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 21:32   #5
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the Engineer, nothing wrong with drilling at an angle.
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 10:36   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That's what she said
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 13:17   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgey View Post
Depends on the Engineer, nothing wrong with drilling at an angle.
Does need a longer drill though. Depends if the engineer has one in his toolbox.
Old 27-11-2014, 13:28   #8
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Would the thicker portion not be part of the support structure, like solid concrete!
I once drilled into something like that, using a slow SDS drill and 2 bits later I managed to drill through.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote