Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Power Supply Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Power Supply Question

Old 21-11-2014, 11:23   #1
welshycarysrees
Inactive

Services: Large TV. 60mb Broadband and Large Phone
welshycarysrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Supply Question

Hi Everyone.

My sons power supply on his computer has failed and my nephew who built his own pc said if i get a power supply he will fit for me.

At the moment the power supply in there has no brand just a sticker saying 500watt with all the voltages.

I have been looking around various sites and i'm wondering what the difference between, Gold, Silver and Bronze was when it comes to Power Supplies.

Thanks
welshycarysrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2014, 12:34   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Power Supply Question

It depends on what the manufacturer decides what they mean.

You should only be concerned with the max power rating, and whether or not you need the extra lead (PCI-E) for most modern graphics cards.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 13:48   #3
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
It depends on what the manufacturer decides what they mean.
Wrong.

Gold, silver, and bronze (and platinum and titanium) are industry defined certification levels. Manufacturers that 'decide' to claim their product is certified to a level when it is not get sued pretty quick.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshycarysrees View Post
I have been looking around various sites and i'm wondering what the difference between, Gold, Silver and Bronze was when it comes to Power Supplies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus...certifications
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 16:11   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Wrong.

Gold, silver, and bronze (and platinum and titanium) are industry defined certification levels. Manufacturers that 'decide' to claim their product is certified to a level when it is not get sued pretty quick.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus...certifications
qasdfdsaq thanks for this little bit of info.

The PSU in my PC i had a few weeks ago the manufacturer claim it to have bronze certification yet on the list of companies with PSUs that are certified the manufacturer doesn't appear and the list was updated yesterday.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 16:38   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

And which company was that?
Old 22-11-2014, 00:28   #6
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

EZCool

Here is the supply...
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...ode=PSE-85085P

Here is the list u can check ur supply on.
http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80p...rsupplies.aspx
Old 23-11-2014, 01:31   #7
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
EZCool

Here is the supply...
http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...ode=PSE-85085P

Here is the list u can check ur supply on.
http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80p...rsupplies.aspx
EZcool is JSP-TECH ENTERPRISE CO., LTD
http://www.trademarkia.com/company-j...63193-page-1-2

Here is the list you can check your supply on.
http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80P...?id=105&type=2
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 02:44   #8
alanbjames
R.I.P.

My Model PSU isnt listed. The model number of the 850watt om there is JSP-850P14A.

The model number of my PSU is PSE-85085P.
Old 23-11-2014, 17:13   #9
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
My Model PSU isnt listed. The model number of the 850watt om there is JSP-850P14A.

The model number of my PSU is PSE-85085P.
i think you will find that the number you qoute is the Item Code : PSE-85085P
for the web site

JSP-850P14A
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 14:49   #10
alanbjames
R.I.P.

The 850watt listed on the site has different specs to this supply which is the one apparently with a certificate.
Old 24-11-2014, 15:03   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

No, the 850 listed on that site has exactly the same specs as yours. The every single spec is a 100% identical copy.