Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | XL Package But NO HD Box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

XL Package But NO HD Box

Old 05-09-2014, 17:18   #61
martkt10
cf.member

martkt10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: XL Package But NO HD Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
And we've never found out if the OP decided to upgrade or not.........
The main reason i started this, as we just got a tv with hdmi, and are on the XL package, hence should be able to view the HD channels,

Virgin, as saying 'I' have got to pay for a HD box

So at the mo i pay around £60 per month which is for :-
M=Broadband at 20meg
XL=Tv
XL=Phone with Caller display and Talk any Time
martkt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2014, 17:59   #62
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by martkt10 View Post
The main reason i started this, as we just got a tv with hdmi, and are on the XL package, hence should be able to view the HD channels,

M=Broadband at 20meg
XL=Tv
Seriously you need to upgrade your services, the big Kahuna bundle is the closest to what you currently pay, the only problem is the phone is Talk Weekend only link here
Old 05-09-2014, 19:09   #63
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:

M=Broadband at 20meg
XL=Tv
In fairness that's a good price. I have the same package, but no caller display, albeit I have an hd capable box. I'm paying £67.
Old 05-09-2014, 19:17   #64
martkt10
cf.member

martkt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
In fairness that's a good price. I have the same package, but no caller display, albeit I have an hd capable box. I'm paying £67.
Yes, but you have a Tivo box, and not a plain old HD box, (which they want me to pay for)

I rang BT today,

Phone cheaper,
Broadband cheaper, but only up to 76meg (they have put fiber in our road)
And tv is a bit basic

Next to ring sky i think, and then when i have some "Ammo" i will be speaking to virgin again
martkt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 19:54   #65
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but you have a Tivo box, and not a plain old HD box, (which they want me to pay for)

I rang BT today,

Phone cheaper,
Broadband cheaper, but only up to 76meg (they have put fiber in our road)
And tv is a bit basic

Next to ring sky i think, and then when i have some "Ammo" i will be speaking to virgin again
As has been said several times before, you don't get anything for nothing these days and you are really going about this the wrong way. As both I and others have pointed out you'll get Big Kahuna (inc TiVo) for £60.99 per month and probably about another £10 if you still require XL phone and caller ID.

However (as has also been pointed out) if you ring retentions (option 5 then 3 I believe) and just explain to them that you are happy with your current services and don't want to leave but would like a HD capable box. Also explain you don't really want to pay more than you currently and see what deals they can do for you.

Hopefully they'll then offer you a deal you are happy with. If they don't then you just say 'no thanks' hang up and then weigh up your options. In my experience, retentions have been generally excellent and always given me a great deal and I believe they will do the same for you if you are honest with them.

Good luck
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 20:57   #66
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I think you should go to Sky!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 21:11   #67
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes, retentions is the best bet. And be polite, don't start ranting as they won't help and will simply say OK go to SKY or BT.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 21:19   #68
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

To much polite ***** on here, the OP has lost it!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:46   #69
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
I think the point I was making was that I'm paying £7 a month more than you are for it, and if I wanted caller display it'd be nearer a tenner. More to the point I had to pay for it to be installed and activated when I first got it.

Good luck, anyway.
Old 07-09-2014, 15:36   #70
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Some customers would fake a fault to get new cpe
Not that many and they will eventually need to replace the box anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Neither of them are.
The former CEO said that it would be possible for VM to "drop the TiVo software onto the V boxes" It was also stated that this could not be done for the V+.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote