Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plusnet are the king of fastest broadband in UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Plusnet are the king of fastest broadband in UK

Old 31-07-2014, 13:34   #61
NuttehButteh
Permanently Banned

NuttehButteh will become famous soon enoughNuttehButteh will become famous soon enoughNuttehButteh will become famous soon enough
Re: Plusnet are the king of fastest broadband in UK

Well, I admit to being a speed freak but that shouldn't harm anyone else. Plusnet have announced they are putting their line rental up again. This now takes a line and whatever FTTC speed I can get to over the 39 mark.

I have a 2 headed splitter coming in and I am going to ask if it is possible to have another superhub on it rather than all the tivo wiring it i has. If so great plusnet get dumped and VM come in - If not then I will stay as I am.
NuttehButteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2014, 15:23   #62
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I never have or ever will believe a word of any post he makes. His sole intension here is to wind up and he gets away with with he lies even when he it is proven he lied
exactly, I think it is an absolute joke that we get moaned at for making "off topic" posts and they get deleted in threads (when they are perfectly harmless) yet telford is consistently allowed to come back and start new threads about crap which everyone knows not to be true.

Edit: sweet, it looks like they have disabled the swear filter for this thread so we can all accurately express our feelings. At least we know some of us will be speaking the truth
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 15:31   #63
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
exactly, I think it is an absolute joke that we get moaned at for making "off topic" posts and they get deleted in threads (when they are perfectly harmless) yet telford is consistently allowed to come back and start new threads about crap which everyone knows not to be true.

Edit: sweet, it looks like they have disabled the swear filter for this thread so we can all accurately express our feelings. At least we know some of us will be speaking the truth
You hit the nail squarely on the head

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 18:57   #64
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That is because the OPs posts and reality are rarely convergent.....
You're implying they are somehow ever convergent... ---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------
Quote:
exactly, I think it is an absolute joke that we get moaned at for making "off topic" posts and they get deleted in threads (when they are perfectly harmless) yet telford is consistently allowed to come back and start new threads about crap which everyone knows not to be true. Edit: sweet, it looks like they have disabled the swear filter for this thread so we can all accurately express our feelings. At least we know some of us will be speaking the truth
Nope, they haven't
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 00:01   #65
NuttehButteh
Permanently Banned

NuttehButteh will become famous soon enoughNuttehButteh will become famous soon enoughNuttehButteh will become famous soon enough

It's knocked the download time of 20GB from 20 minutes to just 13. That's got to be worth the investment someday.
NuttehButteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 22:48   #66
mlmclaren
Inactive

Services: 152/12 BB, TiVo 500, V HD, iPhone 4S, iPad Retina
mlmclaren is an unknown quantity at this point

If that's a FTTP trial then the latency is a bit poo!

I also no someone who can go a bit faster.. they just bonded their Virgin 152 and PN FTTC..
mlmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 22:50   #67
DOT COTTON
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TIVO XL PHONE 152MB BB
DOT COTTON is infamous around these partsDOT COTTON is infamous around these parts

I thought plusnet was a yorkshire only broadband provider.
DOT COTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 23:07   #68
mlmclaren
Inactive

Services: 152/12 BB, TiVo 500, V HD, iPhone 4S, iPad Retina
mlmclaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT COTTON View Post
I thought plusnet was a yorkshire only broadband provider.
No it runs wherever BT is available
mlmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 06:57   #69
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmclaren View Post
No it runs wherever BT is available
That's Probably because it's owned by BT
Old 20-08-2014, 09:13   #70
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

They are based in Yorkshire but they provide services everywhere, as per most ISPs
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 11:35   #71
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
That's Probably because it's owned by BT
that's funny because I think they were rated No 1 for customer service last year or the year before. If they are owned by BT you would have thought somebody high up would want to know what they are doing and adopt the same principle in BT and other subsidiaries
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 12:12   #72
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
that's funny because I think they were rated No 1 for customer service last year or the year before. If they are owned by BT you would have thought somebody high up would want to know what they are doing and adopt the same principle in BT and other subsidiaries
That's too simple General.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 12:59   #73
Mr Banana

Quote:
Apparently it's run as an independent company but you would still think they would share best practice

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/softw...snet-broadband