Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New MP3 Player advice

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New MP3 Player advice

Old 27-07-2014, 12:54   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
New MP3 Player advice

I'm looking for a new MP3 Player.

I need a minimum 32GB and must be non apple, touch screen would be nice.

I've seen this on amazon what are you views

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/wa...ks_pdp_default
Old 27-07-2014, 22:26   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New MP3 Player advice

Is there a reason not to use your mobile phone?
Old 28-07-2014, 00:15   #3
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

259 quid - EXPENSIVE - how small do you want it, as you can get more versatile tablets for less than that!

For 44.95, there's a 32GB touchscreen player on EBAY

The Cowon iAudio X9 may be worth a look too
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 11:31   #4
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

Agree with just using your phone. Many (most?) non-Apple ones have SD slots so you can add as much storage as you want.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 11:51   #5
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I have an old Archos Vision 1 for the gym. It was really cheap, lanyard headphones and enough storage for the function I bought it for. Don't make them anymore, I don't have a mobile phone and they are too big and heavy anyway (at least at the end I'd but if I did go for one).
If you are looking for something bigger then why not a tablet or a phone. At that price that would seem a better solution.
Old 31-07-2014, 10:49   #6
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Creative labs used to do an mp3 that was 16gb and you could add an extra 32gb via sdhc. They were about £90, very good battery life and had the addition of video playback too, all on a 4" screen. Can't remember model number tho.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 12:43   #7
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

the sandisk ones are good value for money, I've had one for years, as has my missus. no touch screen though. my missus has the clip, mine is a Sansa e280, which is an old model so has probably been replaced, I know mine accepts micro sdhc cards, and I think the clip does as well.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 16:24   #8
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
the sandisk ones are good value for money, I've had one for years, as has my missus. no touch screen though. my missus has the clip, mine is a Sansa e280, which is an old model so has probably been replaced, I know mine accepts micro sdhc cards, and I think the clip does as well.
Another vote for sansa clip and yes you can expand via micro sdhc cards.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote