Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MotoG on Virgin issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

MotoG on Virgin issue

Old 14-04-2014, 09:28   #16
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: MotoG on Virgin issue

They priced the 16GB as a 8gb doh
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2014, 23:14   #17
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Mine turned up today, 16Gb, and also had the USB charger lead in the box as well.
Being a Dinosaur I now have to find out how the use it.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 16:47   #18
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
They priced the 16GB as a 8gb doh
And with the price of an 8GB flash chip being something in the region of £1 I wonder how they justify the difference in price regardless.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 16:54   #19
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Even on Amazon there is a £30 difference between the two, so that's a question for Motorola
Old 16-04-2014, 20:18   #20
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's not just Motorola, every manufacturer does this
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 12:25   #21
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I have had my Moto G for nearly a week now, but as I am a bit of a dummy I am taking things slowly.
One thing I have noticed is when at home near to my desktop and super hub my Moto g does not show a wifif icon, does that mean it is not connected to wifi?
In systems/settings my wifi is ON, at the top of the screen the signal strength is max and a H or H+ show.
I did get a wifi icon down the pub the other night.
TIA
Old 20-04-2014, 19:37   #22
idiosyncratic
Inactive

idiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
I have had my Moto G for nearly a week now, but as I am a bit of a dummy I am taking things slowly.
One thing I have noticed is when at home near to my desktop and super hub my Moto g does not show a wifif icon, does that mean it is not connected to wifi?
In systems/settings my wifi is ON, at the top of the screen the signal strength is max and a H or H+ show.
I did get a wifi icon down the pub the other night.
TIA

You need to set up the connection - first thing is to check what SSID the hub is sending & the pass-phrase - this should be on a sticker underneath the super hub.

Then go into the settings on your moto G & choose wifi under wireless & networks. This should give a list of available connections.
Choose the one corresponding to the SSID for your hub & enter the pass-phrase when prompted. Press connect & all should be good.

After initial setup your phone will remember the connection & wifi should work automatically whenever it is in range of the hub.
idiosyncratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 09:46   #23
gus0898uk
cf.addict

Very many thanks for that idiosyncratic, that's what makes the forums great. Thanks to the NTHell forums I have bought the Moto G £40 cheaper than normal and had invaluable assistance in setting the phone up.
This topic has boosted my postings, as you can see I have been a member since 2007 and limped along to 23 posts.
Old 21-04-2014, 10:08   #24
idiosyncratic
Inactive

idiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
Very many thanks for that idiosyncratic, that's what makes the forums great. Thanks to the NTHell forums I have bought the Moto G £40 cheaper than normal and had invaluable assistance in setting the phone up.
This topic has boosted my postings, as you can see I have been a member since 2007 and limped along to 23 posts.
24 posts, now

Glad i could help.
idiosyncratic is offline   Reply With Quote