Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

Old 29-07-2014, 23:51   #226
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Superhub 3 with 802.11ac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Right. A new piece of kit needs to be WiFi certified. A 16 channel modem would be restricted to a geographic area as to test it properly needs network changes as well. Just enjoy people making out like they just started working for GCHQ.
So this article, which you yourself quoted earlier in this thread is wrong then?

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...nd-router.html

And there already is a new, WiFi certified piece of kit matching the above description:

http://certifications.prod.wi-fi.org...d?cid=WFA51501

It's really not hard to see how people could be confused.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2014, 01:17   #227
gestapo
Inactive

gestapo is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this the one? had it fitted this afternoon & the engineer was going on about it, so I googled it and came across this thread.

gestapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 01:22   #228
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

yes
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 03:28   #229
gestapo
Inactive

gestapo is an unknown quantity at this point

Having massively varied results, according to ookla, from 9-94mbps so far. However this is from a fresh installation of >152mbps this afternoon. Via ethernet has been 19 max all day, and wireless devices top out at 98! Have been told to give it 24 hours to settle, but since realising the desktop is fast ethernet, I doubt I will see over 100 anyway. So I am debating installing a Wi-fi pci card or upgrade to gigabit?
gestapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 19:05   #230
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
Is this the one? had it fitted this afternoon & the engineer was going on about it, so I googled it and came across this thread.
It even says C6250TD on it. ---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
Having massively varied results, according to ookla, from 9-94mbps so far. However this is from a fresh installation of >152mbps this afternoon. Via ethernet has been 19 max all day, and wireless devices top out at 98! Have been told to give it 24 hours to settle, but since realising the desktop is fast ethernet, I doubt I will see over 100 anyway. So I am debating installing a Wi-fi pci card or upgrade to gigabit?
Gigabit will be superior to wireless in every way. And no, of course you wont see over 100 on a 100Mbps card. It's not like the 100Mbps is a "suggested speed limit".
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 08:37   #231
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

My Superhub2ac died last night, basically all the leds on the front just locked up, luckily support were able to reactivate my old SH2 that i never sent back and they're sending me a new SH2ac out.
Old 20-09-2014, 13:44   #232
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

i gave up on my sh2ac wireless was flaky, never even got trial update got my sh2 reactivated wireless is solid so sending mine back
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 18:14   #233
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My Superhub2ac died last night, basically all the leds on the front just locked up, luckily support were able to reactivate my old SH2 that i never sent back and they're sending me a new SH2ac out.
that's nice of them. I would have expected them to tell you to wait for the new shub because they can't be bothered to keep registering new shub's on the network for the sake of a couple of days.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:05   #234
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that's nice of them. I would have expected them to tell you to wait for the new shub because they can't be bothered to keep registering new shub's on the network for the sake of a couple of days.
I was dreading not getting anyone from the UK talking to me, luckily i got someone in Glasgow.
Old 21-09-2014, 19:32   #235
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I was dreading not getting anyone from the UK talking to me, luckily i got someone in Glasgow.
Well you were lucky the Referendum didn't go the other way then!
Not that you would have anything to beef about, as my pet Angus tells me the Scots are not known for any good taste in their choice of oratory partners anyway? I mean fancy having a fish blowing bubbles for a politician!
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 20:04   #236
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Well you were lucky the Referendum didn't go the other way then!
Not that you would have anything to beef about, as my pet Angus tells me the Scots are not known for any good taste in their choice of oratory partners anyway? I mean fancy having a fish blowing bubbles for a politician!
I did ask her what she voted for and she said Independence and her friend voted No.