Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Who Is Getting Fit This Year?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Who Is Getting Fit This Year?

Old 11-10-2015, 22:53   #631
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?

I'm still working on my squats/deadlifts/shoulder pres/chest press/chinups. Sticking to the basics
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2015, 23:40   #632
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You [censored] damn fool.
Yes. Yes I am.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 21:37   #633
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Well I managed it.

Snuck in just under the 13 hour mark which considering I've not run more than two miles in the last three weeks and had a not quite healed leg wound is a perfectly respectable time.

I have also discovered ultras, especially those going up the side of Loch Lomond where you have to climb down rocks over a sheer drop are not something I'm ever going to attempt again.

Half marathons or just over from now on I think.
Old 01-05-2016, 22:04   #634
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Well done, Derek.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:38   #635
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Aye. Well done Derek.
I'm surprised you had the energy to post!
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 18:26   #636
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

As someone who is familiar with most of your route (though walked, not run) ... very, very well done indeed.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:38   #637
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As someone who is familiar with most of your route (though walked, not run) ... very, very well done indeed.
I'd recce'd the route bar a 4 mile section between Millarochy and Rowardennan, I'd walked it 6 years or so back and didn't think it was bad. I was wrong, very wrong.

On the upside I can now walk down stairs without resorting to swearing.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:23   #638
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Now, that was just silly. Any guide book will tell you the WHW gets worse by degrees from Milarrochy to around the Ardlui ferry beacon. Though you may have saved yourself a few aches and pains by using the forestry road between Ardess and north of the Rowchoish bothy.
Old 04-05-2016, 14:11   #639
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Though you may have saved yourself a few aches and pains by using the forestry road between Ardess and north of the Rowchoish bothy.
Is it me, or do all those place names sound like something from Star Wars? I can just imagine the Millenium Falcom escaping from the planet Ardess, and probably from a city call Rowchoish.

Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 14:29   #640
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Is it me, or do all those place names sound like something from Star Wars? I can just imagine the Millenium Falcom escaping from the planet Ardess, and probably from a city call Rowchoish.

Don't knock it ... the extended universe includes a planet called Balfron, which is just down the road from here.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:44   #641
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

for the last 6 years me and my good lady have been swimming four days a week in our local leisure centre which allows pensioners free entry before 11 am . My wife asked me to teach her to swim when she was 64 and after taking lessons from an instructor she was swimming
2 to 4 lengths which has now progressed to 20 lengths . The difference in her fitness has to be seen to be believed .
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 15:09   #642
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

No